- Kara Driscoll Staff Writer
Dayton Mall and the Mall at Fairfield Commons will both open on Thanksgiving, and again, on Black Friday.
Both centers will open on Thanksgiving, Nov. 24, from 6 p.m. to 1 a.m. On Black Friday, the malls will open from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. Select retailers will remain open from 1 a.m. through 6 a.m. on Thanksgiving to Black Friday.
“Our extended holiday hours and popular selection of retailers at each center continue to meet shopper demand,” said Shelley Sloan, regional marketing manager for Washington Prime Group. “The variety of traditional events paired with other holiday happenings will make the centers even more appealing for friends and family to shop, dine and spend time together this holiday season.”
Holiday sales this season are expect to reach more than $655 billion, a 3.6 percent increase from last holiday season. In 2015, holiday sales brought in about $626 billion.
Dayton Mall, located at 2700 Miamisburg Centerville Road, will host several holiday events. Some include:
• The “Santa Village Photo Experience” gives families the opportunity to visit Santa from Nov. 4 to Dec. 24.
• On Nov. 26, children can participate in the holiday ornament painting. Kids will have the opportunity to decorate a free gingerbread man ceramic ornament.
• The “Dance Along Holiday Ballet” brings in trained ballet dancers who will teach families how to twirl and leap. The mall will provide tutus, tiaras and magic wands, and the event goes from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. on Dec. 3.
• Enjoy holiday classics and jazz music during a festive concert on Dec. 10 at 2 p.m.
The full list of events is available on the mall’s website. Dayton Mall has more than 150 shops, including Macy’s, Elder-Beerman, JCPenny, and Dick’s Sporting Goods.
The Mall at Fairfield Commons, located at 2727 Fairfield Commons Drive, will also host several events, including:
• The “Polar Bear Express” gives children the chance to be taken on a free train ride with a special story time with Mrs. Claus. Reservations are needed. The event is scheduled for Dec. 9 from 6 p.m. to 8p.m.
• Local bakers will come to the mall on Dec. 10 and 11 for the “Holiday Sweets & Treats Expo.” Treat yourself to cookies, brownies and fudge in the lower level of Macy’s Court.
• On Dec. 18 at 10 a.m., families buy a special breakfast with the Snow Queen at Bravo! Cucina Italiana. The meal cost $5.95 for kids and $11.95 for adults. Reservations are required and must be made by Dec. 15.
Interested patrons can view the whole list of events at the mall’s website.
Visit the Dayton Daily News Black Friday Guide for the full list of different delivery deadlines. Have plans for holiday shopping? Email reporter Kara Driscoll at email@example.com.View full experience