Salar Restaurant and Lounge has unveiled its official Sunday brunch menu, and it is LIT. 🔥🔥🔥
As promised, Salar delivered on some of the scrumptious dishes we first reported. There are also some unexpected, drool-worthy additions:
Baked Brie: Whole baked brie with aji Amarillo and passion fruit sauce
Roasted Brussel Sprouts: Roasted with bacon, topped with Hollandaise sauce and a poached egg.
Honey and Raisins Warm Quinoa Bowl: House quinoa bowl with cinnamon, clove, vanilla and golden raisins finished with pine nuts and orange segments
House Waffle: Served with your choice of maple of Peruvian syrup, topped with Chantilly cream and sliced bananas.
Oh and did we mention the cocktail menu?!
One of the Oregon District’s most popular restaurants is jumping into the Sunday brunch game.
Salar Restaurant and Lounge, 400 E Fifth St., will begin offering weekly Sunday brunch beginning on Easter, Meghan A. Shaw, the eatery’s general manager said.
“We have had a strong demand from our customers for Sunday brunch,” Shaw said. “We've held very successful brunches on Easter and Mother's Day in the past, but this year we are ready to take it a step further and give our guests what they've been asking for.”
The restaurant’s Easter brunch will be held on Sunday, April 16 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
It will open on Sundays after that, Shaw said.
>> MORE: 9 of the best brunch spots in Dayton
“Similar to our dinner menu, we will bring Peruvian, French and Mediterranean twists on classic brunch items using fresh ingredients to make incredible house-made dishes and cocktails,” she said. “(Executive Chef Margot Blondet) and I are avid brunch enthusiasts, so this next step for Salar makes perfect sense and is very exciting for us.”
>> MORE: 7 places to get a healthy brunch
The menu is in its first draft and items may change. It includes several crave-worthy items. Here are a few things that caught our eye:
- Poached Eggs Basquaise: Warm cheesy polenta topped with prosciutto and poached egg
- Picarones: Peruvian doughnut pastries served with organic chancaca molasses sauce
- Lobster tacos: Sauteed lobster meat, morita peppers, hollandaise sauce, grilled red onions, cilantro and lettuce on corn tortillas
- Roast pork belly wrap: Diced roasted pork belly, fried queso frecso, spinach leaves and chipotle sour cream on a spinach wrap
- Steak and Eggs: Marinated and grilled filet mignon with two eggs prepared any way with roasted potatoes, haricots verts and chimichurri sauce
- Chicken and Waffles: Parmesan cheese and bacon waffle topped with mixed greens and boneless buttermilk fried Ed Hill’s Chicken, served with whiskey maple syrup.
- Quinoa Cake and Goat Cheese Sliders: House-made quinoa, zucchini and portobello mushroom cakes served on brioche buns topped with arugula, whipped goat cheese and honey and served with poached eggs
The menu also includes baked brie, waffles, pancakes, eggs Benedict, omelets and huevos rancheros.
>> MORE: Best cocktails in Dayton