They might just be the best seats in the house — and the entertainment will be spectacular.
Basil’s on Market’s downtown Dayton restaurant is offering a four-course meal special on the evening of July 3 — the night of the city of Dayton’s Independence Day fireworks display. The pyrotechnics are shot off along the Great Miami River not far from Basil’s spacious patio, which overlooks the river.
“We will have an amazing view of the fireworks,” said Jason Kirkwood, general manager of Basil’s.
Here’s the menu for the four-course meal:
• Tomato Basil’s Bruschetta with tomatoes, garlic, sea salt, extra virgin olive oil & basil, with grilled focaccia bread finished with Balsamic glaze;
• Basil’s Signature Fries with truffle infused sea salt and truffle oil, topped with a blend of Italian cheeses;
• House Salad fresh greens topped with shredded pepper jack cheese, tomatoes, cucumber, and fried garbanzo beans.
• Pesto Chicken pasta with roasted tomatoes, artichoke hearts, and house-made pesto, with lemon truffle Parmesan aioli and crispy prosciutto;
• Basil’s Barrel-Aged Salmon with barrel-aged honey whiskey served over mixed grains, with seasonal vegetables;
• Fire-Roasted Beef Filet layered on sweet potato medallions, resting in a spinach and mushroom cream and served with Basil’s vegetables;
Choice of NY Style Cheesecake or Chocolate Mousse Cake.
The cost is $75 per person. One alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverage is included. For more information or to make a reservation, call Basil’s at (937) 818-4390.
The downtown Dayton Basil’s opened last July on the ground floor of a retail and office building at 312 N. Patterson Blvd. at East Monument Avenue, overlooking the Great Miami River. It’s part of the Water Street mixed-use development.
RELATED: New restaurant overlooking river coming to downtown Dayton (February 2016)
The 4,800-square-foot restaurant seats 150 to 160 inside, and another 120 or so on a 2,200-square-foot patio overlooking the river and its fountains. Basil’s on Market also operates a restaurant-pub in Troy that opened in 2014.
For more information or to make a reservation for the July 3 meal, call Basil’s Dayton at (937) 818-4390.