- Dayton.com staff
TEDxDayton organizers have released the speaker lineup for the 2017 event, which will take place on Oct. 20 at the Victoria Theatre in Dayton. Organizers anticipate another fast sell-out in the event’s fifth year.
“It’s been incredible to see the way our community has embraced TEDx over the past five years,” said TEDxDayton Co-chair Ron Rollins. “Dayton has always been an incubator for creative thinkers and new ideas, and we’re extremely proud to be a part of continuing that legacy through this event.”
>> PHOTOS: TEDxDayton 2016
After an open call for auditions earlier in the year, the speakers committee chose 21 individuals to present on this year’s theme—CURRENT. “’Current’ evokes energy, movement, and the pursuit of knowledge, and it also holds great significance for the history and landscape of our community,” said TEDxDayton Co-chair Diane Farrell. “Every year, we look for a theme that carries layers of meaning. We want the audience to come into the experience with their own ideas and their wheels already turning, and then we want them to encounter something unexpected. This year’s speakers are ready to deliver.”
- Mohamed Al-Hamdani, Manager of Life Services Partnerships, CareSource
- Daniel Badger, Director, America’s Packard Museum
- Kwame Christian Esq., M.A., Director, American Negotiation Institute
- Joe D’Silva, Founder and CEO, Patients’ & Consumers’ Pharma
- Kathleen Druffner, Owner, Druffner Professional Organizing
- Neal Gittleman, Conductor, Dayton Philharmonic Orchestra
- Kenneth Goodrum, Assistant Director of Student Conduct and Community Standards, Central State University
- Brennan Harlow, Student, Chaminade Julienne
- Dick Hattershire, Consultant, Leidos
- Rosalind J. Jackson, Physician, Total Health & Wellness OBGYN LLC
- Steven Kniffley, Assistant Professor, School of Professional Psychology, Wright State University
- Adrian McLemore, Annie E. Casey Foundation
- Crystal Michelle Perkins, Assistant Professor of Dance, The Ohio State University
- Corey Seemiller, Assistant Professor, Leadership Studies in Education and Organizations, Wright State University
- Bridget Shingleton, Marketing and Communications Manager, Brunner Literacy Center
- La Fleur Small, Ph.D., Professor of Sociology, Wright State University
- Steve Schwartz, CEO, Lion Group, Inc.
- Olive Wagar, Owner, Organized by Olive LLC
- Terry Welker, Sculptor/Architect
- Julie L. Williams, Psy.D., ABPP, Professor, School of Professional Psychology, Wright State University
- Karen Wonders, Ph.D., Founder and Director, Maple Tree Cancer Alliance
In addition to these speakers the fast paced day will include artistic performances, TED highlight videos and engaging audience experiences.
>> PHOTOS: Were you spotted at TEDxDayton 2015?
TEDx is a global program of independently organized events licensed by TED. Visit www.tedxdayton.com or the TEDxDayton Twitter and Facebook accounts for the most up-to-date details on the 2017 event. Videos of talks from the 2013–16 TEDxDayton events can be viewed on the website, as well.