There will be some new faces at this year’s Sneak Peek to Restaurant Week.
The Miami Valley Restaurant Association (MVRA) “Sneak Peek” event will be held from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 18 at White Allen European Auto, 648 N. Springboro Pike in Miami Twp.
The event allows attendees to sample the participating restaurants’ Restaurant Week menus a week prior to the week-long event. Winter Restaurant Week itself runs from Sunday, Jan. 22 through Sunday, Jan. 29 at about 50 Dayton-area restaurants.
Restaurants participating in the “Sneak Peek” event include: Basil’s on Market, Coco’s Bistro, Chappys Social House, ele Cake Co. Bistro & Wine Bar, El Meson, Firebirds Wood-Fired Grill, Jay’s Restaurant, Lily’s Bistro, Meadowlark, Nibble’s Restaurant, 937 Grill and Taproom, Packy’s Sports Bar, Park City Club, Roost Modern Italian, Salar Restaurant and Lounge, Wandering Griffin and Wheat Penny Oven & Bar.
Firebirds, Wandering Griffin and 937 Grill are among the newcomers to the Sneak Peek event, according to Amy Zahora, executive director of the MVRA.
Tickets are $20.17 in advance and $25.17 on the day of the event and are available online at the Miami Valley Restaurant Association’s web site, dineoutdayton.com.
The Sneak Peek event is presented by Dayton-based Buckeye Vodka; other sponsors include Morgan Services, Heartland Payment Systems, Carr Insurance Agency, Stella Artois, Bevinco, Allied Wine, Veleta Wines, Stillwright’s Spiced Rum, and Roth and Associates, accordingn to MVRA officials.
Here are sample menus from a handful of the restaurants participating in Sneak Peek:
• Basil’s on Market: Chili Lime Chicken with Basil Risotto and Fried Leeks
• Coco’s Bistro: Winter Salad and Creme Brulee
• ele Cake Co. Bistro & Wine Bar: Beef Short Rib Ravioli Provencale
• El Meson: Mayan Chicken Enchilada Soup
• 937 Grill and Taproom: Loaded Tots with Bobbie’s Chili, Carrot Cake
• Salar Restaurant and Lounge: Peruvian Seafood Rice
• Wheat Penny: Pork Tenderloin with Roman Sauce served with Creamy Polenta