- Staff Staff Writer
Looking for the perfect Christmas tree? Here are tree farms close to home.
· Types of trees, costs: Precut Ohio-grown trees cut daily, 2 to 15 feet, all varieties. Plenty of 10-to 12-foot firs available. Spruce, pine, fir, small live trees available.
· Extras: Cut your own White pine and fir. Fresh wreaths, branches and roping.
· Hours: 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily beginning Nov. 24 through Christmas Eve. Open Thanksgiving Day 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
· Directions: Take I-70 west to Exit 26, turn left on Hoke Road, right on Salem Avenue; tree lot is four houses down on the right or take I-70 east to Exit 26 and the tree lot is on the left as you get of the exit.
· Types of trees, costs: We have a variety of U-cut trees available. Some up to 10 ft. gall. All U-cut trees will be $35. Also available will be Ohio-grown pre-cut trees. All pre-cut trees will be priced as marked.
· Extras: Baling $3. All trees shaken for free. Saws provided. Carts available. Tree stands and other items will be for sale. Cash or checks only. No credit cards.
· Hours: 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays; Noon to 5:30 p.m. Sunday through Thursday starting Nov. 24 through Dec. 24.
· Directions: 1 mile South of Little York Road between North Dixie Drive and Peters Pike.
· Types of trees, costs: Cut your own white pine only starting at $26. Cut your own Douglas Fir $35. Fresh cut white and Scotch pines and Douglas firs $35 and Fraser fir starting at $50.
· Extras: Saws, baling, wreaths and roping available.
· Hours: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays; 1 to 6 p.m. Sundays, by appointment only Mondays through Thursdays, starting Nov. 24 through Dec. 23.
· Directions: I-70 to Hoke Road; go south on Ohio 49 and then right on Wolf Creek Pike; farm is the first drive to the left.
· Types of trees, costs: Cut your own white and Scotch pines and Canaan firs, $45 and up. Pre-cut North Carolina-grown trees, 3- to 9-foot, $39-$99.
· Extras: Saws and netting available. Free hot chocolate, coffee and candy canes. Tree stands, wreaths and pine roping also available.
· Hours: By appointment only Monday-Saturday.
· Directions: Ohio 4 north from Dayton; go west a half mile to farm on Adams Road.
· Types of trees, costs: Canaan fir, Colorado Blue Spruce, Serbian Spruce, White Pine and Scotch Pine, Concolor Fir and Korean Fir.
· Extras: Handmade wreaths, small gift shop with a wide variety of high quality ornaments and other shopping ideas. Free hot chocolate and popcorn. Free tree shaking, baling and drilling. Live farm animals.
· Hours: Monday through Friday 1 to 5:30 p.m., Saturday 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. starting Nov. 20 through Dec. 23.
· Directions: I-70 to Exit 26, take right on Hoke Road; go 1.5 miles to National Rd (SR 40), turn left; go 1/4 mile to Haber Road, turn right; go 1.8 miles, farm on the left.
· Types of trees, costs: 4 to 9 ft. tall Scotch pine, Norway Spruce, Canaan fir, Douglas fir and White pine. Cut any tree $32. Tree netting $2.
· Extras: Free candy canes and hot chocolate.
· Hours: 10 a.m. to dark Saturday and Sundays, and Monday through Friday by appointment through Dec. 20. Open all day Nov. 24.
· Directions: From I-75 Dayton Mall area take State Route 725 west through Miamisburg, at the light just across the river turn right on to Soldier Home MSBG Rd. The farm is one mile north on the right hand side of the road at the intersection of Soldiers Home and Manning Roads.
· Types of trees, costs: Choose-and-cut Canaan fir, blue spruce, Norway and Black Hills spruce. Precut 7-12 foot Fraser fir available from $34 to $125. Come early, they go fast. Also, Fraser fir table top with stand for $15. Balled and burlapped trees also available. Extra tall trees available.
· Extras: Shaking and baling services available. Free hot chocolate and cookies. Handmade wreaths and grave blankets.
· Hours: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Thursday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday through Sunday starting Nov. 24 through Dec. 23. Call for appointment for special time if needed.
· Directions: Take U.S. 35 east around Xenia to U.S. 68, north on U.S. 68 toward Xenia to Union Road, follow signs for farm; or take I-71 north to Ohio 42 to U.S. 35 east to U.S. 68, follow signs to farm.
· Types of trees, costs: Cut your own Scotch and white pines, $30-60; Spruce and Canaan firs, $50-$90.
· Extras: Saws and loading provided. Free shaking and baling.
· Hours: 3 to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday; 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturdays; and noon to 5 p.m. Sundays starting Nov. 24 through Dec. 17.
· Directions: U.S. 35 to Woodman Drive exit, north on Woodman; right onto Burkhardt/Kemp Road. Farm is about a mile on the left.
· Types of trees, costs: Cut your own Scotch Pine, White Pine, Norway Spruce, Canaan, Fraser Fir and Blue Spruce. All pines start at $49. Spruce trees start at $54. Fir trees start at $69.
· Extras: Will shake, wrap and load every tree. Wreaths, stands and decorations to complete your Christmas tree shopping. Saws available. Gift shop available. Free hot chocolate and popcorn available.
· Hours: 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday starting Nov. 24 through Dec. 17.
· Directions: Take U.S. 68 to one mile north of Yellow Springs. Located just south of the big red barn, look for the little red tree barn next to Route 68.
· Types of trees, costs: Variety of spruces and firs for cutting at $8 per foot up to 7 feet. $8.50 per foot up to 8 and 9 feet, and $10 per foot for 10 feet and above. A variety of living trees (balled an burlapped) $20 per foot. Tall firs: 9-14 feet.
· Extras: Saws and tree cleaning are provided; bailing and bags are $1 each. Free cookies and cider.
· Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday through Sunday, 1 to 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday starting Nov. 24 through Dec. 17.
· Directions: East on U.S. 35. Proceed south on U.S. 42 and watch for signs as U.S. 42 narrows, just after you cross the Little Miami River.
· Types of trees, costs: All fir trees are $50, regardless of size.
· Extras: Saws provided and wrap and net available. Free horse-drawn wagon rides on the weekends through Dec. 17.
· Hours: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily starting Nov. 25 through Dec. 16.
· Directions: Take Ohio 202 north past Ohio 571, drive a couple of miles. Farm is on the left.
· Types of trees, costs: Cut your own White pine and Scotch pines for $40. Small selection of Canaan Firs for $50. Credit cards and checks accepted with proper ID. $5 discount if paying in cash full.
· Extras: We can help provide cutting for those who need help or are handicapped. We have saws, sleds, free baling and roping for your vehicle, and hot chocolate (on weekends only). Custom pruning for your stand or shape.
· Hours: 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Friday through Sunday, and noon to 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday.
· Directions: Take I-75 north to exit 73 (Clopay exit), turn left on State Route 55, left on Nashville, go one mile and turn right on Monroe-Concord. Go one mile and farm is on left-hand side. Follow our big white signs from State Route 55.
· Types of trees, costs: Limited amount of trees this year. Check out their Facebook page at Kraft’s Christmas Tree Farm for more information.
· Hours: Will only be open Dec. 2-3 in 2017.
· Directions: Located northeast of West Milton. From Ohio 48, go east on Frederick-Garland two miles to the dead end at Karns Road, then north to the third driveway on the left at 6780 S. Karns Road. Look for the red Christmas tree shaped signs.
· Types of trees, costs: Cut-your-own Scotch, white pine and some spruce, giant Serbian spruce, Canaan firs up to 14 feet, all priced by size.
· Extras: Fresh roping and wreaths available. Hand saws provided.
· Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturdays and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sundays. Open three weekends – Nov. 25-26, Dec. 2-3, Dec. 9-10.
· Directions: U.S. 40 to Lewisburg; go north on Ohio 503, west on Georgetown-Verona Road and right on Rockridge Road
· Types of trees, costs: Cut your own Canaan fir, Blue spruce, White and Scotch pine $55 and up. Precut Fraser firs, Scotch pine and burlapped trees also available, $55 and up. Live trees in containers for $29 and up.
· Extras: Saws, shaking and baling services available. Wagon rides and hot chocolate. Wreaths available, life-size Nativity scene; delivery, set-up and pickup services available.
· Hours: 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday from Nov. 24 through Dec. 23.
· Directions: I-o71 to exit 32 (Morrow); east 1.2 miles to South Waynesville Road, turn right.
· Types of trees, costs: Cut your own Canaan firs, $40; Scotch or white pine, $33. Precut Fraser firs $45-$95.
· Extras: Handmade wreaths and garland. All trees shaken and wrapped. Free popcorn and hot chocolate.
· Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday through Sunday starting Nov. 24.
· Directions: From I-71, take Ohio 48 north to Ohio 123. Turn right on Ohio 123, then immediately turn right on Stubbs Mill Road. From I-75, take Ohio 63 east through Lebanon. This becomes Ohio 123. Turn right on Stubbs Mill Road. Farm is 1.1 miles on left.
· Types of trees, costs: White pine, Scotch pine, Austrian pine and Norway spruce. Freshly-made wreaths. Trees of all sizes from 4 to 12 feet. 500 trees available. $35 for cut your own and pre-cut Fir and Pine trees 6-8 feet. $55-85 for pre-cut 8-10 foot Fraser and Colorado Spruce.
$35 for any size Pine tree. $35 for Fir and Sprce tree. Pre-cut Fir trees 9-13 feet. $45-85.
· Extras: Sample roasted chestnuts from our Chestnut Orchard. Chestnuts $3 lb. Saws provided, trees bagged, wagon rides, free family photo, free hot chocolate.
· Hours: Open Saturdays 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sundays 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Also open the day after Thanksgiving.
· Directions: Located in northern Warren County between Springboro and Lebanon. Take I-75 south to Route 73. East on Route 73 for 3 miles to Route 741. South on Route 741 for 3 miles to Pekin Road (on the left) East on Pekin Road for 1/2 mile to Timberwind.
· Types of trees, costs: Cut your own Canaan fir, White Spruce, Norway and Blue spruce, Scotch Pine, $25 each. Pre-cut Canaan firs $8.50 per foot. Ten feet and taller, special order.
· Extras: Handmade wreaths, saws provided, free hot chocolate. Free tree shaking, baling and drilling.
· Hours: 4 to 7 p.m. Monday-Friday; noon to 7 p.m. Saturday and Sunday until sold out. Noon to 7 p.m. Nov. 24. Other hours by appointment.
· Directions: 2 miles North of Atrium Medical Center.View full experience