- Dayton.com staff
To many pets are family, so it's nice to know that dogs are welcome to join the fun in Dayton.
If you want to show your pooch some extra affection, there are numerous places around the Gem City where you can take your favorite canine.
Here are six dog-friendly places around Dayton:
- Lily's Bistro: What dog wouldn't love a bite of Ohio nachos, roasted tomato basil hummus, baked enchilada casserole on Lily's outdoor patio?
- The Greene: The outdoor shopping area is home to more than 50 pet-friendly retailers and restaurants.
- Dayton Beer Company: Award-winning brews are only made better with the companionship of your loyal doggy.
- Toxic Brewing Company: Sit back and sip on a delicious Dayton beer with man's best friend.
- Montgomery County Bark Park: This recently expanded park is easy to find with several acres of fenced exercise areas and plenty of water on site and located next door to the Animal Resource Center. Dogs must be licensed and vaccinated. Open from dawn to dusk.
- Deeds Dog Park: Deeds is a simple yet large dog park with lots of room for the dogs to run, explore, and play in a securely enclosed space. Located right across the Mad River from Downtown Dayton in the McCook Field Neighborhood.
And if you're in need of a place to stay while passing through or visiting Dayton, check out this list of pet-friendly hotels in Dayton: bringfido.com/lodging/city/dayton_oh_us/
Be sure to share your dog's photos on social media today and use the hashtag #NationalDogDay.View full experience