Melt Bar and Grilled, an Ohio favorite for gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches, welcomes back a sandwich almost as popular as its namesake: the 6 Degrees of Kevin Bacon Melt.
>> FOOD REVIEW: Go to Melt on an empty belly -- trust us
The most well-known, most beloved, most Melt-iest sandwich special of them all returns in December: hickory smoked bacon, black pepper crusted slab-cut bacon, maple bourbon glazed smoked pork belly, Italian pancetta, herb cream cheese with bacon bits, house-made bacon-infused mayonnaise, sharp cheddar, fresh romaine and sliced tomato.
>> SNEAK PEEK: Inside the new Melt Bar & Grilled
December’s seasonal sides include:
Cheesy Loaded Potatoes / crispy roasted potatoes, cheddar cheese sauce, crumbled bacon, sour cream and scallions. Vegetarian available.
Kung Pow Broccoli / sautéed broccoli, spicy kung pow sauce, crushed peanuts. Vegetarian; vegan available.
The Melt Bar and Grilled featured dessert for December is Peanut Butter Cup Bread Pudding, with homemade chocolate bread pudding served warm and topped with a sweet peanut butter glaze, vanilla ice cream, real whipped cream, powdered sugar and sprinkles.
The featured beer for December is Bell’s Winter White, an alternative to dark and heavy winter warmers and stouts. Winter White is a stylish and refreshing wheat ale fermented with a Belgian ale yeast and a blend of barley and wheat malts that yields a mixture of clove and fruity aromas, all without the use of any spices.
The Melt Bar and Grilled November cocktail feature is Dude Goes South for the Winter. The Dude needed a Melt twist to his White Russian for the holiday season so we concocted this magical combination of Smirnoff Vanilla Vodka, Patron XO, house-made mexican cocoa milk, cinnamon sugar and a pinch of cayenne pepper.
The new Melt Winter Cocktail menu begins Friday, December 1st and is full of creative new signature cocktails to warm your body and soul during the cold months ahead.
- Cactus Mule / Absolut Citron Vodka, organic ginger juice, fresh lime juice, prickly pear puree, ginger beer
- Irish Vanilla Toddy / Jameson Cask Mates Whiskey, Licor 43, honey, hot water, lemon
- Kiwi Cabana / Bacardi 8-Year Rum, fresh lime juice, fresh kiwi, banana
- Maple Date Old Fashioned / Bulliet Bourbon, orange, cherry, Medjool date with a dash of maple syrup
- Winter Buckeye Fizz Martini / OYO Vim and Petal Gin, Watershed Four Peel Gin, fresh lemon and lime juice, house-made cinnamon clove syrup, a touch of cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar
- Samuel Smith Pellini / Samuel Smith Organic Perry Cider, peach nectar