No matter what your normal diet is, balance out by trying some vegetarian dishes. Your tummy will thank you for it, and so will your Fitbit.
Here are some dishes that rose to the top. Many of the restaurants below offer an array of vegetarian options, so eat well and be merry.
5. Avocado, Cucumber & Vegetable Sushi Rolls – Thai 9, 11 Brown St., Dayton
Light, filling and deliciously satisfying, these sushi rolls have just the right flavor.
4. Ultimate Falafel –Blind Bob’s, 430 E. Fifth St., Dayton
Who doesn’t love French fries mashed in with your yummy hummus and falafel croquettes?
3. Harold’s Grilled Cheese – Jimmie's Ladder 11, 936 Brown St., Dayton
Best. Grilled. Cheese. Ever. Period.
2. Cauliflower T-Bone – Wheat Penny Oven & Bar, 515 Wayne Ave., Dayton
Who knew cauliflower could be so versatile? Try it with the cheese polenta – magnifique!
1. Pizza (half Green Lantern, half Socrates' Revenge) & House Salad – Dewey’s Pizza, 131 Jasper St., Dayton
Great house salad coupled with half-and-half veggie pizza of your choice will have you skipping out of this restaurant. Pesto on pizza – ‘nuff said.
Did we miss your favorite vegetarian dish? Tell us about it in the comments below.