The ocean is calling. Book a ticket from the Dayton International Airport to Punta Gorda Airport in Florida for a week-long beach vacation. From Monday, June 18 to Monday, June 25, travelers can pay as letter as $185 round-trip for a ticket on Allegiant Air. Allegiant flights to Punta Gorda are available on Mondays and Fridays.
» Your next weekend trip: 20 things to do, see, eat in Cincinnati
2. Jet off to Iceland for less than $300
It’s cheaper than ever to hitch a flight overseas from a local airport. Icelandic discount airline WOW air introduced service at the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport earlier this month. Leave the Cincinnati airport on July 4 at 12:50 a.m. Your WOW basic ticket to Reykjavik, Iceland will cost you $109.99. You’ll leave Iceland on Wednesday, July 25. Your ticket home will cost you $159.99. You spend a total of $270 on your roundtrip travel.
3. Spend some time in the Lone Star State
Frontier is offering one-way fare to Austin, Texas from Columbus for as low as $59 if you purchase the tickets by May 31. The deal is valid on tickets for Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Frontier offers best deals on their website every week.
4. Bon voyage! Paris is waiting for you
You can actually afford international travel if you look for the right deals. Head off to Paris from Cincinnati with WOW air. You can leave July 30 and return Aug. 13. Your roundtrip fare could be as cheap as $610. WOW air fare varies by date so make sure to shop around to get the best deal.
» TRENDING: Meghan Markle has an extraordinary connection to Ohio
5. Go to Myrtle Beach for less than $100
Fly from the Dayton International Airport to Myrtle Beach for as low as $100 roundtrip in July. Allegiant serves several cities from Dayton including: Daytona Beach, Orlando and Tampa, among others.
FIVE FAST READS
• With a harsh hurricane season expected, how do storms get named?
• Salmonella outbreak: 5 times food-borne illnesses wreaked havoc in Ohio
• This $2 million Warren County estate is a rural paradise with a resort-style pool
• 15 memories, moments at Elder-Beerman that influenced your lives
• You won't believe the inside of this INCREDIBLE Oakwood house