Amazon announced it saw its “single biggest shopping day ever” on Cyber Monday, surpassing Prime Day for the most products ordered worldwide.
Cyber Monday was the single biggest shopping day worldwide in the company’s history, and the biggest day ever for small businesses and entrepreneurs selling on Amazon. Amazon App orders on Cyber Monday 2017 increased more than 50 percent, worldwide year over year. On Cyber Monday, the best-selling item was the Echo Dot.
» WATCH: Here’s how Amazon delivers holiday packages to your door
The increase in sales on Amazon was good for independent businesses too.
“AncestryDNA was one of the top selling products on Amazon during Cyber Monday, selling 700 percent more kits in one day, than the entire holiday period last year,” said Vineet Mehra, Executive Vice President & Chief Marketing Officer of Ancestry, based in San Francisco.
FIVE FAST BUSINESS READS
• 7 major data hacks that happened in 2017
• Why is Buffalo Wild Wings nicknamed BW3s?
• Overheard while Thanksgiving shopping: ‘Your dad is going to kill me’
• 5 ways to stay out of debt this holiday shopping season
• 17 retail horror stories that show working Black Friday is the worst