Kroger is expanding its restaurant concept with a new location in Cincinnati.
The grocery retailer announced plans to open its second Kitchen 1883 concept after opening its first location in Union, Kentucky. It will be located in Anderson Twp., a neighborhood in Cincinnati.
» RELATED: Local mall owner reportedly looking to buy Elder-Beerman parent company
Kitchen 1883 will serve a “fresh take on new American comfort food,” along with hand-crafted cocktails and a community-centered atmosphere. The restaurant will operate daily, offering lunch and dinner along with brunch on Saturdays and Sundays. It is set to open in the fall.
“With Kitchen 1883, our vision is to create a gathering place that offers a casual atmosphere for guests to relax and experience food,” said Daniel Hammer, Kroger’s VP of culinary development and new business. “Since opening our pilot restaurant five months ago, we’ve discovered new ideas that will help to shape our future dining concepts and in-store fresh food experiences.”
FIVE FAST BUSINESS READS
• No retail apocalypse for these companies: 5 retailers opening stores in 2018
• Franco’s Ristorante Italiano owner dies
• Former DP&L power plants to lay off 370 workers in Ohio
• Amazon looking to buy abandoned Toys ‘R’ Us storefronts
• Check out this $1 million home for sale in Clearcreek Twp.