» TRENDING BUSINESS NEWS: Kroger reportedly looking to partner with Overstock.com
Toys “R” Us, Inc. voluntarily filed for relief under Chapter 11, in September 2017. Despite the planned closures, Toys ‘R’ US is continuing its customer programs including registries and loyalty programs, according to the company. Toys R Us was $5 billion in debt, as of April 29.
“While our store roster may be getting smaller, what is not changing is our desire or commitment to serving you,” Brandon wrote. “For the past 70 years, we have worked hard to earn your business and look forward to being champions of play and a best friend to parents everywhere for decades to come.”
FIVE FAST BUSINESS READS
• Gander Mountain stores to reopen under new name
• Walmart reportedly cutting more than 1,000 jobs
• German grocery chain Lidl halts plans to open local store
• Bitcoin prices are plunging. What's really going on with cryptocurrency?
• Grand opening date set for At Home store in Beavercreek