3. New women’s clothing boutique opens in Kettering
A new boutique opened this week in Kettering on Far Hills Avenue. Entrepreneur and local resident Lauren Murphy-Zahora has opened a new boutique in Kettering — and she wants to use it as an opportunity to show young girls that they’re capable of anything.
4. Olde Crow Primitives opens at The Greene
The Greene Town Center’s first tenant for its new pop-up shop opened last weekend. Olde Crow Primitives was open Friday through Sunday in the tenant space across from Sephora. Olde Crow carries “unique primitive” and country decor like furniture and signs, as well as other decor for the home. The Greene is introducing pop-up shops, where the town center is allowing small business to test their product sales on the weekends.
» RELATED: 5 new restaurants and retailers coming to The Greene
5. The Toasty Barker opens in Oakwood
The Toasty Barker Boutique has also moved locations and opened Aug. 26 at 2306 Far Hills Avenue in the space that formerly housed Park Avenue Antiques. Gift boutique The Toasty Barker was previously located at 33 Park Ave., and the store offers a mix of "eclectic" antique, vintage and handcrafted home decor.
FIVE FAST BUSINESS READS
• Target to raise minimum hourly wage to $15
• Meijer to sell discolored, scarred produce for reduced prices
• Death Wish Coffee Co. recalls product possibly contaminated with deadly toxin
• 10 retailers file for bankruptcy in 2017
• Bob Evans Farms has been sold for $1.5B