“Our Dayton Sam’s Club provides multiple ways for members to shop the way they want. We offer Club Pickup, where members can order online and pick up in the club as well as Scan & Go, which has been a game changer. With Scan & Go, Sam’s Club members can simply download the app, scan their products as they shop the club, pay when they’re finished and completely bypass the line,” said Laura Ladd Poff, Sam’s Club spokeswoman.
Sam's Club, which is a membership-only retail warehouse owned by Walmart, isn't the only retailer investing in self-checkout technology. Kroger is also reportedly rolling out its "Scan, Bag, Go" services in 400 stores in 2018.
FIVE FAST BUSINESS READS
• Woman convicted of teen slaying in Dayton released on Christmas Day
• No more waiting? Kroger looking to eliminate checkout lanes
• Currency of the future? Some argue it's bitcoin
• Southwest Airlines adds new flight at local airport
• 7 things we learned about lead, local water infrastructure this yea