Chipotle said the restaurant underwent “complete sanitizations.” The first illness was reported last week, and Chipotle officials said the reported symptoms were consistent with norovirus, a common cause of viral gastroenteritis. Symptoms include vomiting, diarrhea, stomach pain, dehydration and nausea.
This isn’t the first time Chipotle has had issues with food-related illnesses. The company was hit by multiple outbreaks of E. coli in 2015, causing dozens of customers to get sick. No deaths were reported related to the outbreaks.