Starbucks cafes in Target stores are managed by Target and its associates, who participate in the company’s existing bias training programs. Target announced that the majority of headquarter employees have already completed immersive bias trainings, and stores and distribution employees will now take part as well.
» TRENDING BUSINESS NEWS: Kroger just bought Home Chef: 5 other major changes to expect
The training is the coffee chain’s response to an April 12 incident during which two men had asked to use the restroom at a Philadelphia Starbucks. An employee refused because they had not purchased anything. The two men then sat down in the store and an employee asked them to leave but they declined, the Associated Press reports.
The store manager, Holly Hylton, 31, originally from Dayton then sparked a nationwide controversy after she called police on the two men. Hylton is no longer working at the Starbucks located in the downtown area of Philadelphia, a spokeswoman told several media outlets since the incident occurred in early April.
FIVE FAST READS
• With a harsh hurricane season expected, how do storms get named?
• Salmonella outbreak: 5 times food-borne illnesses wreaked havoc in Ohio
• This $2 million Warren County estate is a rural paradise with a resort-style pool
• 15 memories, moments at Elder-Beerman that influenced your lives
• You won't believe the inside of this INCREDIBLE Oakwood house