The next three months are some of the busiest times for travel as people jet off for summer vacations.
The Dayton International Airport released tips to make traveling for vacation as simple as possible. Here’s what you need to know before you jet off on your next excursion:
1. Plan carefully and prepare ahead of time. Plan for the unavoidable. Check your flight status at flydayton.com, and leave yourself plenty of time as a buffer before flights and between connections. Be at the airport two hours prior to your scheduled departure time to start your vacation travels in a relaxed mood.
» RELATED: 5 things to know about Allegiant at Dayton airport
2. Park at the airport. Dayton International Airport has convenient and affordable parking options—including long-term parking, which is adjacent to or steps away from the terminal.
3. Know the latest TSA rules. Follow the 3-1-1 rule for packing liquids in your carry-on bag, including sunscreen. Leaving in a rush? Visit flydayton.com/security to learn about TSA pre-check to make it even faster, and to learn what items are prohibited.
4. Don’t risk the essentials. Remember to keep your keys, medicine and travel essentials on yourself or in your carry-on luggage.
» Dayton Airport director’s plan to lure passengers: Bigger planes, more flights
5. No surprises. When packing, be sure to check all luggage pockets and compartments so you are not surprised with prior packed items when going through the TSA security check-point.