A Dayton-based craft beer festival is poised to return June 23 after a five-year hiatus to spotlight specialty beers provided by more than a dozen local and regional craft breweries.
The Cask AleFest, which celebrates a more traditional method of storing and dispensing draught beer, will be held from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, June 23 on East Second Street between Jefferson and St. Clair Streets in front of Mudlick Tap House in downtown Dayton.
Joe Waizmann, founder and co-organizer of the event, said the festival’s lengthy hiatus was caused primarily by his stint as a co-founder and co-owner of Warped Wing Brewing Co., from which he departed in late 2017. This year’s event will mark the seventh AleFest devoted to cask ales.
“Since my earliest visits to the U.K. more than 20 years ago, I’ve been a huge fan of cask or real ale, and this passion is the basis of my desire to educate and share with others,” Waizmann said. “It’s quite gratifying.”
Tickets are $40 and will be limited to 300; they are available at Mudlick Tap House or online at www.AleFest.com.
Waizmann said 17 cask ales will be featured:
- 50 West Brewing Company Punch You in the EyePA DIPA with Orange Peel
- Braxton Brewing Company BlackBerry Smoothie Haven Hefeweizen with Blackberries, Blueberries, Banana, & Apple
- Crooked Handle Brewing Company The Farm Saison with Lemon and Basil
- Dayton Beer Company The Java Man Cometh Stout with Mint & Cocoa Nibs
- Fat Heads Brewery Unnamed Dry Hopped Strong Ale
- Great Lakes Brewing Company Eliot Ness Vienna Lager with Cinnamon & Apple
- Great Lakes Brewing Company Burning River Pale Ale with Lavender
- Hairless Hare Brewery Blackberry Honey Kickback Kölsch
- MadTree Brewing Brown with Bourbon-and-Peach-Soaked Oak Chips
- Maumee Bay Brewing Company Total Eclipse Breakfast Stout with Tiramisu
- North High Brewing Cherry Life Golden Sparkling Ale
>> NEW TODAY: Dads eat FREE at Primanti Bros. on Father’s Day
- Nowhere in Particular Promiscuous Ale Project Strawberry Banana Berliner Weiss
- Platform Beer Company Orange Blossom Kettle Sour with Bourbon Soaked Oak Chips and Tart Sour Cherries
- Toxic Brew Company Abby's Cure Tripel with Hibiscus & Press Cold Brewed Coffee
- Warped Wing Brewing Company Gamma Bomb IPA with Passionfruit
- Warped Wing Brewing Company Golden Glow with Lime Peel and Tequila-Soaked Wooden Spiral
- Yellow Springs Brewery Boat Show IPA with Raspberries, a special tri-package feature with Boat Show IPA in cask, draught and can.