Skating, horse-drawn carriage rides, a parade and musical performances will be among the events in Miamisburg this weekend as the community’s holiday celebration wraps up its last bicentennial event of the year.
A concert by American Idol finalist Alexis Gomez caps a Saturday of activities that will include a visit by Santa and Mrs. Claus before Mayor Dick Church, Jr.’s tree-lighting.
The final day of the celebration includes music by the Star City Dulcimers and the Miamisburg High School Madrigal.
The Miamisburg Community Chorus will perform its 45th Annual Christmas Concert. It will feature the Christmas Cantata “Born a Savior, Born a King” along with other Christmas favorites.
The schedule includes:
• 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.: Home Party & Holiday Bazaar, Miamisburg Community Center;
• 1 to 9 p.m.: Glice (artificial ice) open skate, Riverfront Park;
• 2:30 p.m.: Parade, Central Avenue from Sixth Street to Riverfront Park;
• 3 to 5 p.m.: Santa and Mrs. Claus at Fire Station 53 on First Street; Horse-drawn carriage rides from Baum Opera House, fire station and community center;
• 5 to 8 p.m.: Carolers, magicians, jugglers and musicians, Riverfront Park and Main Street;
• 6 p.m.: Tree-lighting ceremony, Riverfront Park;
• 6 to 10 p.m.: Luminary Walk, Veterans Memorial Park;
• 6:30 p.m.: Alexis Gomez concert, Riverfront Park or Memorial Auditorium, depending on weather.
• 2-5 p.m.: Miamisburg Historical Society’s Christmas at the Tavern. The Daniel Gebhart Tavern Museum, Old Main and Lock streets. Open House features an 1800s-style Christmas celebration includes live music free hot ciders and refreshments.
• 5 p.m.: Miamisburg Community Chorus 45th Annual Christmas Concert, Baum Opera House.