"We have a lot of talent In the Miami Valley, and typically we focus on the chefs. With this event we focus on our local bartenders and we have a ton of talented bartenders in the area. The bartenders create their own cocktail featuring Dayton’s first vodka — Buckeye Vodka," said Amy Zahora Miami Valley Restaurant Association Executive Director. "This event is geared to support all things that are local. Local restaurants, local bartenders, and Dayton’s own Buckeye Vodka. The bartenders love to create craft cocktails and they are paired with the chefs food offering. So with this event you are getting the best of both worlds."
>> ALSO NEW TODAY: Oakwood grad snags James Beard semifinalist award for nation's top pastry chef
This year 14 bartenders will be serving up libations created to delight and entice attendees. The restaurants they work for will be serving food to pair with the cocktails.
While the drinks are shrouded in secrecy, the food is being shared in advance.
>> Dayton’s premiere mixologists set to show off their skills at the Battle of the Bartenders
WHAT’S ON THE MENU?
• Amber Rose Restaurant: Strawberry Basil Bruschetta
• Archers Tavern: Shrimp and Watermelon Crostini
• Calypso Smokehouse and Grill: Calypso Pork Belly with Island Slaw
• Carillon Brewing: Salmon Cake with Bacon on a Bed of Arugula
• Carvers Steaks & Chops: BBQ Brisket Slider
• El Meson: Salvadorian Pupusas, Grilled Flat Corn Bread Stuffed with Beans and Cheese and topped with Spicy Cabbage
• Giovanni's Fairborn: Seafood Ravioli with a Sherry Tomato Sauce
• Meadowlark: Pimento Cheese and Smoked Sausage on Cracker
• Mr. Boro's Tavern: Mini BLT with avocado and goat cheese spread
• Roost Modern Italian: Meatballs with Tomatillo and Mint Coulis, Persian Cucumber & Pickled Shallots
• Tavern at the Greene: Fig Jam and Goat Cheese Stuffed Donuts
• Wandering Griffin: Crab Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers
• Wheat Penny: Wheat Penny Pizza
• Winds Cafe: Beet and Cold Orange Salad with Savory Tuile and Yogurt Cheese
Zahora recommends buying tickets in advance before they sell out.
WANT TO GO?
What: Miami Valley Restaurant Association's Buckeye Vodka Battle of the Bartenders
Where: The Steam Plant, 617 E. Third St., Dayton
When: 6-9 p.m. March 4
Cost: $25 in advance, $30 day of if still available, which includes four sample cocktails and all food. Additional cocktails can be purchased.
More information: DineoutDayton.com