With 45 restaurants participating in this year's Winter Restaurant Week promotion, there are more options than days in the week to try them.
So the chance to get a lot of different little tastes from a variety of the menus that will be presented is the best way to figure out a good plan of attack.
Sneak Peek to Winter Restaurant Week, presented by Buckeye Vodka, will offer just that very opportunity.
Tickets are $20.19 in advance for the Jan. 16 event and can be purchased online.
The ticket price goes up to $25 the day of the event.
Sneak Peek Winter Restaurant Week participating restaurants include:
• Amber Rose
• Brio at The Greene
• Carillon Brewery
• Calypso Grill and Smokehouse
• The Caroline
• Coco's Bistro
• Dewberry 1850
• ele Cake Co and Wine Bistro
• El Meson
• Roost Modern Italian
• Crowne Plaza's View 162 Rooftop Restaurant
• Watermark Restaurant
WHAT’S ON THE MENU?
Here’s a sampling of some of the flavorful dishes that will be served:
• Shrimp étouffée (Amber Rose)
• Chicken rigatoni and lemon ricotta cheesecake with acacia honey (Brio at The Greene)
• Jerk chicken (Calypso Grill and Smokehouse)
• Braised oregano garlic chicken with smoked cheddar biscuit and jalapeño jelly (Dewberry 1850)
• Duck confit salad with goat cheese, cherry vinaigrette and crispy fried leeks (ele Cake Co and Wine Bistro)
"It’s fun trying new places and trying different menus, and a lot of the restaurants create a new unique menu just for Winter Restaurant Week," said Amy Zahora, executive director of the Miami Valley Restaurant Association (MVRA). "(Winter Restaurant Week) helps increase business at normally a slower time for the restaurants. The last week in January is generally slower and this gives them a nice boost through the week as well."
Winter Restaurant Week takes place Jan. 20-27.
Contact this contributing writer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WANT TO GO?
What: Sneak Peek to Winter Restaurant Week
When: 6-9 p.m. Jan. 16
Where: The Steam Plant, 617 E. Third St., Dayton
Cost: $20.19 in advance per ticket, drinks not included. Drinks can be purchased at the event for $3 (beer) or $5 (wine and Buckeye Vodka cocktails). Tickets day of are $25. Sneak Peek tickets can be purchased at https://dineoutdayton.com/events
More info: (937) 461-MVRA or www.dineoutdayton.com