The annual Celtic Festival returns to downtown Dayton this weekend! The attraction of the music and dancing is rivaled only by the food and beverage options. Here’s a complete look at what food and beverages you’ll find at the festival.
>> PHOTOS: Celtic Festival Ohio 2018
🍽️WHAT TO EAT
The following food vendors will be on the festival grounds:
• Dee’s Chicken & Fish (fish and chips, chicken, etc.)
Recommended for you
Recommended for you
Recommended for you
• Pita Pockets (bourbon or voodoo chicken, fried fish, wing baskets)
• Highland Glen (Scottish fare including fish & chips and meat pies)
• Chicken Smells Good (chicken on a stick and Asian-inspired noodles)
• Cajun Specialties (Cajun fare)
• Brock Masterson (grilled salmon, Reuben sandwiches, etc.)
• Blackjack Grill (chops)
• Bessie’s Noodles (homemade noodles)
• Ol Bag of Nails (fish & chips)
• Almond Shop (nut specialties)
• Cork & Bottle 1 (steak sandwiches and turkey legs)
• Cheesecake on a Stick (frozen, chocolate-dipped cheesecake or ice cream)
• Cork & Bottle 2 (festival fare – spiral potatoes, sausages, etc.)
• Dublin Pub (whiskey chops)
• Ritter’s Frozen Custard
• Claddagh Pub (fish & chips)
• Dobo’s Delights (Eastern European pastries and cabbage rolls)
• Amish Bakery (pretzels and fry pies [Friday and Saturday only])
• Belgium Waffles (waffles and elephant ears)
• Kettle Corn
🍺WHAT TO DRINK: BEER TASTINGS
Bud Light: American style light lager; golden in color with delicate aromas of malt and hops with a fast, clean finish. 4.2% ABV 6 IBU
Murphy’s Irish Stout: Irish dry stout, dark in color and medium-bodied. Silk smooth with toffee and coffee undertones with little to no bitterness. 4% ABV 34 IBU
Angry Orchard Crisp Apple Cider: Bright, crisp apple flavor, just like biting into a fresh apple. It is a perfect balance of sweetness and bright acidity from culinary apples and dryness or traditional cider making apples, resulting in a complex, yet refreshing hard cider. 5% ABV
Celtic Fest Red Ale by Breckenridge Brewery: A well-rounded red ale brought to Dayton by Breckenridge exclusively for the United Irish of Dayton Celtic festival. This refreshing, easy drinking beer features hints of caramel and just a touch of hops. Slainté! 5% ABV 19 IBU
Boddington’s Pub Ale: Dark, golden-colored ale with aromas of fruits and bananas, rich malts and earthy hops. The taste is slightly sweet and crisp, balanced with a classic English hop finish. 4.6% ABV 26 IBU
Devils Backbone Vienna Lager: With its amber chestnut colored good looks and smooth malty finish, Vienna Lager was an obvious choice to put into package. It blends color and flavor without heaviness or bitterness. Just as Vienna Lagers historically inspired Munich’s Oktoberfest beers to evolve, this amber lager has evolved since we opened in 2008 into the award-winning beer it is today. Mild, Toasted, Caramel. 5.2% ABV 18 IBU
Shock Top Belgian White: This spiced Belgian-style wheat ale is the pinnacle of refreshment brewed with real orange, lemon, and lime peels for a smooth, citrusy finish. 5.2% ABV 10 IBU
Rhinegeist Cougar: This bright blonde ale shines a brilliant malt character. Born of breezes, captured sunlight, and whiffle, this beer is a balanced yet dry siren whose first sip calls for the third. Hopped with arguable restraint with Crystal and Bravo hops, Cougar stays fierce enough to raise eyebrows yet is tame enough to be called sessionable. 4.8% ABV 20 IBU
Rhinegeist Truth: an IPA brewed with a nod to the Pacific, hops sizzle with tropical fruit aroma, grapefruit and mango notes, and a dry finish. 7.2% ABV 75 IBU
Thirsty Dog Raspberry Ale: The inviting flavor and aroma of freshly picked raspberries is infused in this unique, refreshing fruit beer. Raspberry Ale is brewed in the typical Thirsty Dog fashion, full of flavor and uninhibited, with natural raspberries added after fermentation. 3.9% ABV 7.5 IBU
Belhaven Scottish Ale: 100% Scottish malt and finest English hops in perfect balance; smooth, rich and nutty; a classically crafted Scottish ale. 5% ABV 21 IBU
🍺WHERE TO FIND YOUR BEER OF CHOICE
Beverages will be available for purchase at the festival’s five themed beer booths. Beverages can be purchased for six tickets each ($1/ticket).
• BOOTH #1: Monument Avenue and Jefferson Street — Angry Orchard, Bud Light, Boddington’s, Celtic Fest Red Ale, and Murphy’s Irish Stout
• BOOTH #2 (Craft Beer): Monument Avenue grassy area near St. Clair — Bud Light, Murphy’s Irish Stout, Angry Orchard, Celtic Fest Red Ale, Devils Backbone Vienna Lager, Shock Top, Rhinegeist Cougar, Rhinegeist Truth, Thirsty Dog Raspberry Ale, Belhaven Scottish Ale
• BOOTH #3: Intersection of Monument Avenue and Patterson Boulevard — Angry Orchard, Bud Light, Boddington’s, Celtic Fest Red Ale, and Murphy’s Irish Stout
• BOOTH #4: Patterson Ave. across from 5/3 Field o Angry Orchard, Bud Light, Boddington’s, Celtic Fest Red Ale, and Murphy’s Irish Stout
• BOOTH #5: Riverscape Pavilion — Angry Orchard, Bud Light, Boddington’s, Celtic Fest Red Ale and Murphy’s Irish Stout
Three Bushmills Irish Whiskey tasting classes will be held at the 2018 festival in the Cultural Workshop area (on Don Crawford Plaza in front of Fifth Third Field). Each whiskey tasting class will be 45 minutes. Participants must be of legal drinking age (21+). Participants will be able to taste six expressions of Bushmills Irish Whiskey (Original, Irish Honey, Black Bush, Red Bush, 10-Year Single Malt, and 16-Year Single Malt) while learning about the cultural and historical importance of Ireland’s oldest licensed whiskey distillery. Tickets for the whiskey tastings are $25 each and can be purchased online until July 24, or at the festival in the Cultural Workshop area.
The Celtic Breakfast will be held Sunday morning at the Top of the Morn’n Café located in the Beer Garden across from the United Irish of Dayton Main Stage on Monument Ave. Breakfast will be available from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. for a nominal fee.
Want to go?
WHAT: Dayton Celtic Festival
WHEN: Friday, July 27, through Sunday, July 29.
- Friday from 5.30-11 p.m
- Saturday from 11.30 – 11 p.m.
- Sunday from 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
WHERE: Riverscape MetroPark, 237 E. Monument Ave., Dayton
COST: Free entry