There have even been proposals and birthday announcements folded into their shows here, Russell said.
Here are some interesting facts about Gaelic Storm to get you even more excited about July’s show:
- Remember that epic dance scene between Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet in "Titanic"? Gaelic Storm was the band that performed "Irish Party in Third Class" during the scene in the 1997 blockbuster film!
- That previously unreleased song "Irish Party in Third Class" is featured on the band's latest album "Full Irish," a greatest-hits album.
- The band got its humble start performing inside an Irish pub in Santa Monica, California where original bandmate Patrick Murphy was a manager.
- The band has since topped the Billboard World Chart four times.
- Patrick Murphy and Steve Twigger are the only two original members from 1996.
- Before returning to music, Steve Twigger earned an art degree and worked as an art director, graphic designer and illustrator.
- The band makes regular appearances on cruises — joining artists like the Barenaked Ladies.
- The newest member, Kiana Weber, joined the band in 2012 — and grew up on a farm in Chelsea, Mich.
Source: Gaelic Storm website
Organizers say the regional acts will be announced soon. Previously announced headliners for the Dayton Celtic Festival, July 24-26, are Scythian, Socks in the Frying Pan, We Banjo 3, and The Tri-Tones.
The Dayton festival will be the first U.S. show for The Tri-Tones. Russell said the festival organizers always seek out “new, traditional break-out bands” to introduce to the audience.
The festival will also feature a whiskey tasting and ceili dance, an Irish line dance.