The Dayton Grande Illumination and Children’s Parade may be over, but the holiday festivities will continue all month long downtown.
Here’s how to join the celebration during the Dayton Holiday Festival.
THE TIKE’S SHOPPE
Through Dec. 23 | Hours vary. Schedule below and you can call to confirm at 937-416-4504 | Schuster Center Wintergarden, Second & Ludlow entrance
This is a special shop run by kids for kids with items priced for a kid’s budget. Visit Santa during special hours.
• Dec. 7 – 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
• Dec. 8 – noon–5 p.m.
• Dec. 13 – 3-7 p.m.
• Dec. 14 – 10 a.m.-7 p.m.
• Dec. 15 – noon-6 p.m.
• Dec. 19 & 20 – 3-7 p.m.
• Dec. 21 & 22 – 10 a.m.-7 p.m.
• Dec. 23 – 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
Nov. 29-Dec. 31; Monday-Friday 9 a.m.-6 p.m., Saturday noon-4 p.m.; closed on non-performance Sundays | Schuster Center Wintergarden, Second & Main streets | Not accessible during private events. Call to confirm hours. 937-228-7591
This is one of Dayton’s longest-running holiday traditions — the magical Rike’s department store holiday window displays. See the animated elves, woodland animals, violinists and skaters at the corner of Second and Main streets in downtown Dayton, where these displays delighted people at Rike’s department store beginning more than 70 years ago.
VIRGINIA KETTERING’S HOLIDAY TRAIN DISPLAY
Nov. 29-Jan. 2; Mon.-Fri. 8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. | 937-224-1518 |
Stratacache Tower lobby, corner of Second and Main streets
View the one-of-a-kind model train display that was given to the community by Mrs. Virginia Kettering. The display can also be viewed through the building windows at Second and Main anytime.
UNO’S PIZZA WITH SANTA
Dec. 7, 8, 14, 15, 21, and 22 at 11 a.m. | Uno Pizzeria & Grill, 126 N. Main St.
Have a special lunch with Santa and then visit the Tike’s Shoppe at the Schuster Center! Reservations required. Call for cost and reservations. 937-910-8000.
FAMILY MOVIE SERIES
December 7, 14, and 21; noon | The Neon, 130 E. Fifth St.
Bring the family to The Neon for fun, festive holiday films. Titles subject to change. Call the theater for confirmation. Free admission for kids 12 and under, $2 for adults. 937-222-7469.
Scheduled Films (subject to change):
• Dec. 7 – The Wizard of Oz (1939)
• Dec. 14 – A Christmas Story
• Dec. 21 – The Grinch (2018)
Dec. 10-13 and Dec. 17-20, beginning at noon
Groups from throughout the Miami Valley perform a mix of holiday selections during the Dayton Holiday Festival’s noontime entertainment program in a rotating schedule at different building lobbies. Take a break from your chaotic schedule to get in the holiday spirit and enjoy the carols and instrumental sounds.
• Dec. 10 – Keith Lykins at Stratacache Tower
• Dec. 10 – Edde Osbourne at KeyBank Tower
• Dec. 11 – Viva La Strings at Stratacache Tower
• Dec. 11 – Abbey Bower at KeyBank Tower
• Dec. 12 – Centerville Chorus at Stratacache Tower
• Dec. 12 – Joseph Glenn at KeyBank Tower
• Dec. 13 – Berachah Valley at Stratacache Tower
• Dec. 13 – TBD at KeyBank Tower
• Dec. 17 – Abbey Bower at Stratacache Tower
• Dec. 17 – Keith Lykins at KeyBank Tower
• Dec. 18 – Joseph Glenn at Stratacache Tower
• Dec. 18 – Viva La Strings at KeyBank Tower
• Dec. 19 – Centerville Chorus at Stratacache Tower
• Dec. 19 – Danny Voris at KeyBank Tower
• Dec. 20 – Berachah Valley at Stratacache Tower
• Dec. 20 – Horace Mann Choir at KeyBank Tower
Several businesses throughout downtown
This annual contest shows off the creativity of downtown Dayton’s collection of small businesses as they decorate their storefront windows for the holidays in their own unique ways. Vote for your favorite window display online at Dayton.com beginning Dec. 6.
DOWNTOWN DAYTON SHOP STRONG SATURDAY
Dec. 14 | Downtown Dayton local businesses
The Downtown Dayton Partnership will host a special #ShopStrongSaturday on Dec. 14 for holiday shoppers. For #ShopStrongSaturday, shoppers can support downtown’s independent businesses while enjoying roving entertainment and other holiday surprises.
For every $1 spent at a local, small business, approximately 67 cents stays in the community, so spend your money locally to support the downtown.