The anticipation is over for many of Dayton’s youngest and brightest.
Organizers of the 4th annual TEDxYouth@Dayton have revealed the 11 speakers that will present on Friday, March 1, at the Dayton Masonic Center. Through an application and audition process, the speakers and performers between the ages of 14 and 19 were chosen for their unique stories and a diverse range of topics.
Speakers for the 2019 event include:
1. Anna Baugham, Wright State University
2. Sabrina D’Alesandro, Wright State University
3. Alex Le, Beavercreek High School
4. Liberty Endres, The Miami Valley School
5. Samantha Moore, Miami East High School
6. Khidirah Jones, Meadowdale High School
7. Hayden Bullock, Bellbrook High School
8. Aadesh Chordia, Centerville High School
9. Emilee Weir, The Dayton Regional STEM School
10. Sammy Caruso, Oakwood High School
11. Payton Hunt, Carroll High School
“Our partnership with Wright State University was essential to being able to kick off our past three events. However, in an effort to make the event more accessible to all of Dayton’s youth, the committee decided to look for a venue more centrally located,” said TXYD chairperson Rachel Graves. “It’s been great working with the Dayton Masonic Center, and we look forward to another successful collaboration.”
The committee said it is now looking for youth volunteers to help with audience engagement, stagecraft and social media. Applications for volunteers are available at www.tedxdayton.com/team-2/volunteer-2016/. Registration for attendees began on Jan. 15 at www.tedxdayton.com/tedxyouth-event/.
Since the very first licensed TED talk in 1984, TED talks have been a platform for short, carefully prepared talks, demonstrations and performances that foster learning on a global scale, as well as in local communities. The theme for the 4th Annual TEDxYouth@Dayton is “Formulate”.
WANT TO GO?
WHAT: 4th Annual TEDxYouth@Dayton
WHEN: Friday, March 1
WHERE: Dayton Masonic Center, 525 W. Riverview Ave., Dayton
COST: A $10 cash donation is suggested for attendance; these donations will be collected on the day of the event.
INFO & REGISTRATION: Website