It’s the holidays on an epic scale, with Kings Island transforming into enchanting wonderlands featuring ice skating on the Royal Fountain, the Eiffel Tower turned into a magical Christmas tree, more than five million sparkling lights, thrilling rides, live entertainment and more.
>> 7 of our favorite holiday traditions
❄ WINTER WONDERLANDS
According to park spokesman Chad Showalter, Kings Island will be divided into 10 different Winter Wonderlands this year:
• International Street: Millions of dazzling lights and lavish displays of holiday grandeur are home to Snow Flake Lake, one of the area's most impressive ice-skating experiences.
• Candy Cane Lane: A delightful walk on the sweet side with larger than life décor that's perfect for a family photo or two. You'll even meet Ms. Candy Cane herself.
• Charlie Brown's Christmas Town: Inside Planet Snoopy, guests will experience extra-special activities with America's favorite beagle and the whole "Peanuts" gang.
• Tinsel Town: A festive atmosphere from yesteryear, featuring vintage aluminum trees, plastic lawn decor and even the occasional snowfall.
• Coca-Cola Polar Bear Plaza: The hot spot for cool interactive games, family fun and selfies with the Coca-Cola Polar Bear.
• WinterFest Way: Soft-ambient lights and decorations embrace guests as they enjoy this journey between the Eiffel Tower and Rivertown.
• Artisan Village: One-of-a-kind crafts and gifts handmade by local artisans are featured.
• Coney Elf Village: Spotlights Santa's busy workshop is where mischievous elves work and play. Gather around to watch lights dance to festive holiday music.
• Rivertown Wonderland: Featuring heart-warming holiday sights, sounds and experiences.
• Action Ice Zone: A world of ice and snow.
“There are so many things to do at WinterFest. Do you like holiday lights? We have more than five million. Do you enjoy live shows? We have 16. Live Nativity? We have that. Ice Skating at the base of the beautiful Eiffel Tower? We have that too. Plus you can visit Mrs. Claus’ kitchen or let St. Nick know exactly what’s on your list this year,” Showalter said.
>> PHOTOS: Kings Island transforms into winter wonderland for WinterFest
🎡RIDES THAT ARE OPEN FOR WINTERFEST
• Boo Blasters on Boo Hill
• Character Carousel
• Charlie Brown’s Wind Up
• Grand Carousel
• Joe Cool’s Dodgem
• K.I. & Miami Valley Railroad
• Kings Mills Antique Autos
• Linus’ Launcher
• Mystic Timbers
• Peanuts 500
• Sally’s Sea Plane
• Shake, Rattle & Roll
• Snoopy vs. Red Baron
• Snoopy’s Space Buggies
• The Great Pumpkin Coaster
• Woodstock Gliders
WINTERFEST FOOD OPTIONS
🍽 INTERNATIONAL STREET
International Restaurant Winter Buffet – Enjoy a winter feast of seasonal delights while overlooking the stunning view of International Street and Snow Flake Lake.
Sugar's Cake Factory – Satisfy your sweet tooth with a variety of handcrafted funnel cakes and holiday-inspired delights.
Café du Père Noël – Assorted holiday treats.
Blitzen's Hot Beverage Bar – Gourmet holiday treats and snacks.
Prancer's Pizza – Prancer has prepared the perfect pizza pie! Featuring LaRosa's Pizza and fountain beverages.
Comet's Café – Delightful holiday pastries and hot chocolate.
Tinker's Spielzeug Haus – Kielbasa with sauerkraut, Italian meatball subs and beer cheese Spätzle. Draft beer and coffee are available.
Wishbone Grill – A festive spin on the traditional turkey leg. You can also enjoy our Norseman's Christmas pork, Bacon-on-a-stick or the park's Cinnamon pull-a-part bread.
🍽 ACTION ICE ZONE
Dasher's Diner – Hand-breaded chicken tenders and salads served with the park's signature sauce.
🍽 TINSEL TOWN
Tinsel Town Diner – Swing-by this retro diner where you can enjoy patty melts, mushroom Swiss burgers and the new 12 Days of Christmas burger.
🍽 CONEY ELF VILLAGE
Candy Cane Concoctions – Popcorn, assorted snacks, hot chocolate and coffee.
Smokehouse Christmas – featuring traditional Smokehouse favorites as well as smoked short ribs, pork and cranberry sausage, smoked turkey, sweet potato fries and smoked carrots.
🍽 RIVERTOWN WONDERLAND
Claus Confectionery – Delightful holiday funnel cakes, warm donuts and Kings Island cinnamon pull-a-part bread. Coffee and fountain beverages available.
11 Pipers Piping Pizza – Italian selections from LaRosa's Pizzeria and fountain beverages.
Old St. Nick's Potato Factory — fresh cut fries, loaded baked potatoes and gluten-free chicken tenders.
Snow Day Buffet – A holiday meal served buffet-style. Roasted pork loin, smoked turkey breast and roast beef with assorted holiday sides.
🍽 COCA-COLA POLAR BEAR PLAZA
Jack Frost's Liquid Libations – Warm up and get merry with our spiked hot chocolates and ciders.
Classic Christmas Café – This build your own Mac-N-Cheese bar takes a seasonal favorite to the next level!
🍽 CHARLIE BROWN’S CHRISTMAS TOWN
Seasonal churros, popcorn and hot chocolate.
Tiny Tots Hot Chocolate – cookies, cotton candy and holiday sweets.
WANT TO GO?
What: Kings Island WinterFest
Where: 6300 Kings Island Drive, Mason
When: Select nights through Dec. 31. Remaining dates are: December 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31
Hours: WinterFest operating hours are 5-10 p.m. each night except for Saturdays (4-10 p.m.) and New Year's Eve (5 p.m. – 1 a.m.).
More information: 513-754-5700 or visitkingsisland.com
Tickets: Save $12 on your tickets compared to the day-of front gate purchase price when you buy online in advance
WINTERFEST BY THE NUMBERS
• Number of shows: 16
• Number of restaurants: 20
• Number of places to get hot chocolate: 15
• Characters spreading merriment: 30
• Number of lights: More than 5,000,000
• Number of feet of Snowflake Lake ice skating: 320