PechaKucha Dayton is run by local organizers Mike Beerbower, Jason Antonick, Shayna McConville and Katy Kelly.
Andy Dailey, the Cultural Arts Program Supervisor at Kettering City Parks Recreation and Cultural Arts, will be the emcee of the event. Attendees can look forward to the following presentations:
- George Drake Jr. — Fifth & Ludlow: The Letter Under the Bathtub
- Kate Ervin — 39 and Back in School
- Luther Palmer — The Language of Numbers, and Why "Twelve" Must Die
- Cheryl Durgans — The Materia Medica of Stardust: Lost and Rediscovered Healing Traditions of African Americans in the Pursuit of "Dang Em Dust"
- Seth Wade — Rocks
- Rodney Veal —Hey, Aren't You the Art Show Guy? Observations From the Unlikeliest Television Host Ever
- Dennis Mullins — The Surreal World: Creating the Dayton Surrealist Ball
- Katherine Ryckman Siegwarth — Aesthetic Ambiguity: Looking at Photography
The event is free with a cash bar and other refreshments for sale.
>> Food & Wine magazine shows some love to our very own Golden Lamb
WANT TO GO?
What: PechaKucha Night Dayton Vol. 42
Where: The Dayton Art Institute, 456 Belmonte Park N., Dayton
When: Thursday, Feb. 20, from 7:30-9:30 p.m.
More info: Website | Facebook