• Feb. 5: Chef Justin White of The Wright Place in the Holiday Inn I-675 across from Wright State University.
• Feb. 12: Chef Melissa Deaton of Dublin Pub in Dayton’s Oregon District.
• Feb. 26: Chef Dave Rawson of The Meadowlark restaurant on Far Hills Avenue in Washington Twp.
• Mar. 12: Chef Darin Mitchell of Coco’s Bistro just south of downtown Dayton.
• Mar. 19: Chef Carrie Walters of Dorothy Lane Market’s Culinary Center and cooking school in Washington Twp.
5 NEW restaurants opening in Dayton in 2018
All classes combine culinary demonstrations by the chefs with hands-on participation by each student in groups of four. Each evening concludes with a sit-down dinner that the students helped prepare.
New restaurant shop hiring for 1st Dayton-area location
The cost is $50 per person, per class. Classes are limited to 20 students. For availability of classes and more information contact Wendy DelRe at AFScooking2@gmail.com. Classes often fill quickly however, waiting lists are kept for each class in the event of cancellations, local AFS officials said in a release.
9 must-eat sandwiches in Dayton
Proceeds from the cooking school benefit the AFS Intercultural Programs’ high school student exchanges at Dayton-area high schools.
Eileen Baker, AFS Publicity Volunteer 937/433/1209