If you think tickets to see “Hamilton” in Cincinnati are out of reach, think again.
A digital lottery for $10 tickets to see the Tony Award winning musical at the Aronoff Center in Cincinnati is under way. The show opens today, Feb. 19, and continues through March 10.
Here’s how to enter the ticket lottery:
• Use the official app for HAMILTON, now available for all iOS and Android devices in the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store (http://hamiltonmusical.com/app).
• You can also visit http://hamiltonmusical.com/lottery to register.
• The lottery will open at 11 a.m. two days prior to the performance date and will close for entry at 9 a.m.the day prior to the performance. Winner and non-winner notifications will be sent at approximately 11 a.m. the day prior to the performance via email and SMS (if mobile number is provided). Tickets must be purchased online with a credit card by 4 p.m. the day prior to the performance using the purchase link and code in a customized notification email. Tickets not claimed by 4 p.m. the day prior to the performance are forfeited.
• Each winning entrant may purchase up to two tickets.
• No purchase or payment necessary to enter or participate.
• Lottery tickets may be picked up at will call beginning two hours prior to the performance with a valid, non-expired photo ID that matches the name used to enter. Tickets are non-transferable.
Tickets are currently on sale and patrons should check the official “Hamilton” channels and CincinnatiArts.org for late-release seats, which may become available at short notice.
With book, music and lyrics by Lin-Manuel Miranda, direction by Thomas Kail, choreography by Andy Blankenbuehler and music supervision and orchestrations by Alex Lacamoire, “Hamilton” is based on Ron Chernow’s biography of Founding Father Alexander Hamilton.
WANT TO GO?
What: Hamilton in Cincinnati
Where: Aronoff Center, 650 Walnut St., Cincinnati
When: Feb. 19 through March 10. Complete schedule of performances here.
More info: Website