Raise your glass to women everywhere on International Women’s Day.
These beer bars and breweries have special events planned on Friday, March 8, highlighting female brewers and some of the beers they brew, with some proceeds supporting worthy causes, including the YWCA and Artemis Center.
🍻INTERNATIONAL WOMEN’S DAY AT WARPED WING
In honor of International Women's Day, Warped Wing is saluting women all around the world and teaming up with the Pink Boots Society and several influential women in the brewing industry to share some beer knowledge. Between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m. Observe the brewing process and packaging, take a “mini” tour of various plant/procedure areas, and here multiple speakers throughout the day. Coffee and donuts will be provided.
• 9:30-10:15 a.m. — Amy Graham from Columbus Brewing Company, Topic: Quality Control
• 10:15-11 a.m — Lisa Wolters from Yellow Springs Brewery, Topic: You Must Be The Owner's Wife
• 11-11:45 a.m. — Sara Hagerty from Origin Malting & Brewing Co., Topic: All About Malt
• 11:45 a.m.-12:45 p.m. — Lunch break
• 12:45-1:30 p.m. — Molly Browning from Lallemand, Topic: All About Yeast & New England IPA's
• 1:30-2:15 p.m. — Liz Stout from Seventh Son Brewing, Topic: Sensory Evaluation
• 2:15-3 p.m. — Tanya Brock from Fifth Street Brewpub, Topic: Being a Brewery Manager in a Male Dominated Industry
When: Friday, March 8, from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Where: Warped Wing, 26 Wyandot St., Dayton
Cost: Free admission. $1 from every pint sold until 3 p.m. will benefit The Pink Boots Society.
More info: Facebook
🍻INTERNATIONAL WOMEN’S DAY AT BARREL HOUSE
Celebrate women and beer with Barrel House. The 2nd Annual International Women's Day celebration will focus on great beer and even better women who work in the craft beer industry.
Nearly a dozen women who work at various levels in breweries throughout Ohio will share their experiences of working in a male-dominated industry at the International Women’s Day event, scheduled to start at 6 p.m. Friday. The beer-themed bar will feature beers from the speakers’ breweries on its tap list that night, some of which were brewed specifically for International Women's Day.
The women scheduled to speak include:
• Haley Long, Streetside Brewery
• Sara Cleary, Fat Head's Brewery
• Lisa Wolters, Heather Gnau, Hannah Ohl and Rebekah Little, Yellow Springs Brewery
• Liz Stout, Seventh Son Brewing
• Cathy Szuter Scott, Wolf's Ridge Brewing
• Lydia Johnson, Sierra Nevada
• Kristy Williams, Lock 27
• Tanya Brock, Fifth Street Brewpub
• Sophie Lazuka, Little Fish Brewing
• Ryanne Oldham, Jackie O's Brewery
• Natalie Phillips, Malt Products Corporation
The Barrel House will be donating $1 from every pint it pours that day to the YWCA of Dayton, and also will be accepting donations all day Friday — as well as through the end of March — for the local non-profit. Food will be available from Griller B’s, the food truck parked outside the Barrel House’s back door, from 5 p.m. to midnight.
Here is the tap list for the event:
Beers with a * next to them were brewed specifically for International Women's Day
• Warped Wing — Trotwood
• Yellow Springs — Women Did It First*
• Jackie O's — Who Cooks For You
• Branch & Bone — Thanks, It Has Pockets*
• Little Fish — You Wanted a Hit
• Revolution — Spirit of Revolt*
• Sierra Nevada — Hazy Little Thing
• Wolf's Ridge — Protegee*
• Streetside — Such Extra Much Special Wow!
• Fifth Street — Ramona
• Lock 27 — Locktender
• Fat Head's — Bumble Berry
• Seventh Son — Power To Control Darkness
• Jackie O's — BA Brick Kiln
• Seventh Son — Fox in the Stout
• Yellow Springs — Bush League Psych-Out
• Wolf's Ridge — Ladies Who Brunch*
• Warped Wing — Whiskey Rebellion
• A limited number of bottles of Wolf's Ridge Ladies Who Brunch will also be available while they last.
When: Friday, March 8, 5-11 p.m.
Where: The Barrel House, 417 E. Third St., Dayton
Cost: Free admission. $1 from every pint sold to benefit YWCA of Dayton.
More info: Facebook
INTERNATIONAL WOMEN’S DAY AT BRANCH & BONE
Dayton’s newest brewery is also getting in on the celebration.
Branch & Bones Artisan Ales will have a special brew on tap made just for International Women’s Day.
"Thanks, It Has Pockets" is a blackberry lavender wheat ale that will be tapped at noon. $1 from every full pour of this beer bought in our taproom will go to Artemis Center on Friday and as the brew is available following.
When: Friday, March 8, noon to 10 p.m.
Where: 905 Wayne Ave., Dayton
Cost: Free admission. $1 from every special brew poured will benefit Artemis Center.
More info: Facebook
INTERNATIONAL WOMEN’S DAY AT FIFTH STREET BREWPUB
March 8 is International Women's Day. It is also International Women's Collaborative Brew Day. In a male-dominated industry, this day gives the brewpub a chance to acknowledge the importance of women in the industry as employees, owners and patrons.
In addition to featuring beers from women-positive breweries, the brewpub is hosting Dayton regional businesses that support women and their needs. “We've identified such area businesses to gather for the night for a meet & greet event where we'd like to raise a pint to their efforts, give them a moment to relax from their hard work, and allow them to provide more information about the work they do,” event organizers wrote in a Facebook post.
Each organization will be paired with a tap. That organization will receive a $1 donation from every pint poured.
Fifth Street Brewpub will be brewing a special beer “Don’t Call Me Chick.”
• YWCA Dayton
• Artemis Center
• Women Have Options - Ohio
• League of Women Voters of Greater Dayton Area
• Clothes That Work
• Pink Boots Society
• Planned Parenthood Southwest Ohio
When: Friday, March 8, 6-8 p.m
Where: 1600 E. Fifth St., Dayton
Cost: Free admission. $1 from each pint sold to benefit corresponding charity organization
More info: Facebook