The grand opening of Dayton's first FootGolf course is right around the corner.
But first things first: what exactly is "FootGolf"? According to Wikipedia, it's "a precision sport where players kick a football into a cup in as few shots as possible."
Here are six reasons why you should check out this new hybrid sport.
1. FootGolf combines the dimensions and scoring aspect of golf with the physical skills of soccer. Instead of using a club or putter, you actually kick the ball into the hole.
2. Playing through an entire course won't take you that much time -- you can play all 18 holes in about two hours.
3. Compared to regular golf, the holes are shorter and the cups are much wider (21 inches in diameter, to be exact).
4. You can win stuff. If you enter your scorecard, you'll get a chance to win a FootGolf prize pack.
5. It's a great teambuilding activity for soccer teams -- or pretty much anyone. Let's be honest, the whole office would be up for an afternoon of this.
6. When the course opens on May 1, you will be among the first participants in Dayton to play this unique sport.
Want to go?
WHAT: Grand Opening of Dayton's First FootGolf Course
WHEN: Friday, May 1 and Saturday, May 2 (Tee times are required)
WHERE: KittyHawk Golf Center, 3383 Chuck Wagner Lane, Dayton
HOURS: All day Friday, May 1; after 1 p.m. on Saturday, May 2
COST: Free admission; $3 for ball rental and $14 for cart rental
INFO: 937-237-5424 or golf-dayton.com