The Taste of the Oregon District, a chance to sample food from some of Dayton’s favorite restaurants, returns this weekend.
The free-to-attend event, held Sunday, Sept. 15 from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Fifth Street, will include samplings from 19 local, independent Oregon District restaurants with 60 different “bites” to choose from, plus live music, adult beverages, street vendors, and sidewalk sales.
“Our goal is to create and host a fun and safe “Taste”-themed block party that will bring locals to the district and support our independent businesses,” said Kyle Babirad, president of the Oregon District Business Association, in a press release.
Tickets for food and beverages will be $1 per ticket and vendors will offer small "taste" portions that require between 2 and 8 tickets. The tickets are also used to purchase beer and Whiteclaw beverages from beer trucks located at Fifth and Brown streets and at Fifth and Jackson streets.
The shops of the Oregon District will offer sidewalk sales and a handful of outside vendors will set up booths. The Johnson Treatment, a Dayton original funk/jazz/soul band, will be spreading good vibes through music from 2:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
“The Taste of the Oregon District is one of several events planned through the end of the year intended to maintain the momentum and positive spirit of our neighborhood,” said Natalie Skilliter, treasurer of the Oregon District Business Association.
WHAT’S ON THE MENU?
Participating restaurants and their menus include (*subject to last-minute changes):
• Twist fries with cheese (3 tickets)
• Pickle Soup Cup (3 tickets)
• Fried Pickles (3 tickets)
• Hula Hoops 3 (3 tickets)
• BLT Toast (3 tickets)
• BBQ Brisket Slider (5 tickets)
• Blue Cheese & Onion Tart (2 tickets)
• Chocolate Dome (3 tickets)
• Meatball Sliders (3 tickets)
• Italian Steak (4 tickets)
• Francos Spaghetti (6 tickets)
• Loaded Focaccia Sandwich with Tomato, Shishito Pepper & Onion Jam, Basil Aioli, Salami & Turkey and Baby Kale (5 tickets)
• Saffron Malloreddus with Late Summer Vegetable Ragu and Basil (4 tickets)
• Profiteroles with Maple Cream (3)
🍽️Jay's Seafood Restaurant
• Chocolate Mousse (2 tickets)
• Clam Chowder (4 tickets)
• Crab Cake (7 tickets)
• Watermelon and Fresh Cucumber Gazpacho (3 tickets)
• Fried Chicken Waffle Cone (6 tickets)
• Strawberry-Sage Fresh Squeezed Lemonade (2 tickets)
🍽️Lucky's Taproom & Eatery
• Beef taco (4 tickets)
• Vegetarian/vegan taco (4 tickets)
• Slice of cheese pizza (3 tickets)
• Slice of pepperoni pizza (3 tickets)
• Water, Pepsi and Diet Pepsi (2 tickets)
• Cup of “Adulting Fuel” (2 tickets)
• Apple Cider Slush (4 tickets)
• Truffle French Fries (5 tickets)
• Chicken & Bacon Skewers & Rice with Green Onion Relish (6 tickets)
• Shrimp Skewers & Rice with Chipotle Salsa (8 tickets)
• Funnel Cake French Fries with Dulce de Leche (4 tickets)
• Fish Tacos (4 tickets)
• Smoked Brisket Slider with pickles & onion (4 tickets)
• Smoked Salmon with dill sauce (5 tickets)
• Aged Cheddar smoked Mac & Cheese (3 tickets)
• Soup/Bread side (3 tickets)
• Cookies (2 tickets)
• Gaby's Chicken Salad (2 tickets)
• Beer Cheese/Pretzel Bite (2 tickets)
• Maui May Raw Chocolate Slice (2 tickets)
🍽️The Dublin Pub
• Mini Rucks — Guinness BBQ Beef Brisket on Pretzel Roll (4 tickets)
• Stumbling Taco with braised short ribs and a Guinness leak reduction (5 tickets)
• NEW: Pork Wing — 1 braised pork shank with caramelized dry rub (4 tickets)
• Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels, served with sugar whiskey glaze (4 tickets)
• Crab Rangoon
• Chicken spring rolls
• Vegetable spring rolls
*Ticket information not provided
🍽️The Drunken Waffle
• Mac and cheese quesadilla (5 tickets)
• Half club sandwich on cornbread waffle (5 tickets)
• Pepper Waffles with Jalapeno Infused Maple Syrup (4 tickets)
• Chicken Salad and Pita (4 tickets)
• Quinoa Bowl (4 tickets)
• 1/4-pound hamburger (5 tickets)
• 1/4-pound hot dog (5 tickets)
WANT TO GO?
What: The Taste of the Oregon District
When: Sunday, Sept. 15, 2019, from 2-8 p.m.
Where: Fifth Street in the Oregon District
Cost: Free admission. Tickets are needed for food and drink items and cost $1 per ticket. Items will require between two and eight tickets.
More info: Facebook