TEDxDayton organizers have released the speaker lineup for the 2016 signature event, which will take place on Friday, Oct. 14, at the Victoria Theatre in Dayton.
As in previous years, organizers anticipate a fast sell-out. Only 16 percent of unsold tickets remain.
>> RELATED: TEDxDayton tickets almost sold out
“There’s a lot of energy building in our community,” said TEDxDayton co-chair Ron Rollins. “People want to have challenging conversations about where we’re headed, and they’re looking for new ideas. This event brings new perspectives to the table and asks questions we haven’t thought to ask.”
Nineteen speakers will present on this year’s theme—SEARCH. “This year’s theme really captures the spirit of TED,” said TEDxDayton chair Diane Farrell. “We attract an active audience. They inquire. They investigate. When they enter the theatre on Oct. 14, they won’t just be expecting entertainment, they’ll be seeking information, inspiration, and connection—and with this year’s powerful speakers, that’s what they’re going to find.”
>> RELATED: 5 lessons we learned from TEDxDayton 2015
- Salma Albezreh, Student, Morton Middle School
- Tyler Back, CEO, Mitosis & Meiosis
- Joe Deer, Professor and Musical Theatre Initiative Director, Wright State University
- Neenah Ellis, General Manager, WYSO
- Scot Ganow, Attorney, Faruki Ireland & Cox P.L.L.
- Cassie Guard, Owner and CEO, Femme Fatale Fitness
- Ambassador Tony Hall, Executive Director, Alliance to End Hunger
- Ryan Ireland, Publicity and Marketing Coordinator, Greene County Public Library
- Moriba Jah, Director, University of Arizona Space Object Behavioral Sciences
- Linda Jones, Vice President of Finance and Administration, Software Solutions, Inc.
- Darren Kall, Co-founder, Specific Clarity
- Heidi Landes, Parent Coach, Courage for Parents.com
- Deanna Murphy, Co-founder, Brigid’s Path
- Robert Owens, Educational Consultant, Signature Educational Solutions
- Lance Salyers, Senior Director, LexisNexis Legal & Professional
- Jo'el Thomas-Jones, Community Support Coordinator and Co-founder, Neighborhoods Over Politics
- David Webb, President and CEO, The Funk Music Hall of Fame & Exhibition Center
- Brenden Wynn, Operations Manager, Providence Medical Group
- Jonah Yokoyama, Executive Director, Heartland Trans Wellness Group