- Mark Fisher Staff Writer
Bob Evans Restaurants today announced the launch of a new all day, every day brunch menu at all of its 523 locations.
The rollout marks one of the first marketing and menu initiatives of Bob Evans Restaurants since the company was sold a month ago to Golden Gate Capital. The Ohio-based chain — its headquarters are in New Albany northeast of Columbus — operates restaurants throughout southwest and west-central Ohio, and in in 18 states across the Midwest, Southeast and Mid-Atlantic.
“Bob Evans Restaurants is freeing brunch from the constraints of time and place, from the formal settings of the past, and making it accessible to all,” the New Albany, Ohio-based chain said in a release.
“Brunch is a perfect marriage of what Bob Evans does best: breakfast and lunch,” John Fisher, president of Bob Evans Restaurants, said in the release. “With our introduction of brunch, we are combining our amazing breakfast expertise with the innovative taste offerings that are at the heart of the Bob Evans menu.”
Brunch is no longer just for weekends, Bob Evans officials said. According to the 2014 Technomic Breakfast Consumer Trend Report, 68 percent of consumers eat brunch on Sundays, 49 percent on Saturdays, and 24 percent are weekday brunchers.
The new Bob Evans Restaurants brunch menu includes:
• Candied Bacon: hardwood-smoked bacon with brown sugar in what Bob Evans officials describe as a secret recipe that is “sweet, smoky and definitely shareable.”
• Chicken and Waffles: Homestyle fried chicken tenders served with a waffle, topped by praline sauce and bacon bits.
• Sticky Bun Bake: the flavor of a sticky bun in a French toast bake, made with Brioche bread and candied pecans, topped with praline sauce and cream cheese icing. Served with fruit and choice of breakfast meat.
• Pot Roast Hash: slow-roasted pot roast with home fries and cheese and topped with two cooked-to-order eggs.
• The Green Goddess Salad: romaine and spinach tossed with hardwood-smoked bacon, hard-boiled egg, cucumbers and grilled chicken. Served with signature Green Goddess dressing and a choice of bread.
• Bob Evans Burger: Black Angus bacon cheeseburger topped with a fried egg and Sriracha-avocado mayo and served with French fries.