The Butler County Donut Trail is going worldwide.
CNN recently spotlighted the trail as one of 12 of the world’s most enticing food and drink trails, along with trails featuring dumplings, beer cheese, apple pie, malt whisky, hot tamales, German wine, French cheese, Swiss fondue and other regional delights.
The doughnut trail’s 10 featured locations represent a combined 306 years of doughnut-making experience and previously have been featured in publications nationwide, including NBC News, Country Living and USA Today, according to the Butler County Visitors Bureau.
Completing all 10 stops on the official doughnut trail passport earns participants a free Butler County Donut Trail T-shirt.
More than 8,400 visitors from 43 states and nine countries have completed all stops on the Donut Trail since it was founded in early 2016, according to the latest statistics provided by the visitors bureau. Those numbers do not include partial completions, bureau officials said.
“We’re very excited to have the Donut Trail included such a major international travel story through CNN,” said Mark Hecquet, executive director of the Butler County Visitors Bureau. “It puts an incredible spotlight on Butler County as a travel destination at both a national and international level.
“Ultimately, this feature will drive increased national and international visitation to our community as people come to explore the Donut Trail, as well as everything else Butler County has to offer.”
The Butler County Donut Trail includes:
- Central Pastry Shop, 1518 Central Ave., Middletown
- Jupiter Coffee & Donuts, 5353 Dixie Highway, Fairfield
- Kelly’s Bakery, 1335 Main St., Hamilton
- Martin’s Donuts, 4 W. State St., Trenton
- Milton’s Donuts, 3533 Roosevelt Blvd., Middletown
- Mimi’s Donuts & Bakery, 2267 Millvile Ave., Hamilton
- Oxford Doughnut Shoppe, 120 S. Locust St., Oxford
- Ross Bakery, 1051 Eaton Ave., Hamilton or 4421 Hamilton-Cleves Road, Hamilton
- Stan the Donut Man, 7967 Cincinnati Dayton Road, West Chester Twp.
- The Donut Spot, 5148 Pleasant Ave., Fairfield