Two southwest Ohio agency liquor stores will offer a limited number of all eight bottles of The Game of Thrones Single Malt Scotch Whisky Collection for sale at regular retail prices on Tuesday morning, Dec. 18.
Created to commemorate the eighth and final season of the HBO series Game of Thrones, The GOT Single Malt Scotch Whisky Collection features eight limited-edition scotches that are all new to the U.S. Each scotch is paired with one of the Houses of Westeros, as well as the Night's Watch, “giving fans an authentic taste of the Seven Kingdoms and beyond,” according to a release.
The rare scotches will be sold starting at 9 a.m. Dec. 18 at Arrow Wine & Spirits’ Far Hills store at Far Hills Avenue and Dorothy Lane in Kettering, and at Jungle Jim’s Dixie Highway store in Fairfield. Those two stores are among a dozen statewide selling the special spirits (full list below). There will be no raffle or lottery for the scotch collection; the bottles will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis.
There will be a limit of one bottle per scotch house per person, or a total of eight bottles. But the number of bottles allocated to each liquor store varies per brand, which may make building a complete collection in one fell swoop problematic. Arrow Wine’s allocation, for example, ranges from 18 bottles of the House Tyrell Clynelish Reserve to 48 bottles of the House Lannister Lagavulin 9 Year Old.
The eight scotches and their price per bottle are:
- Game of Thrones House Tully – Singleton of Glendullan Select; $29.99
- Game of Thrones House Stark – Dalwhinnie Winter's Frost; $39.99
- Game of Thrones House Targaryen – Cardhu Gold Reserve; $39.99
- Game of Thrones House Lannister – Lagavulin 9 Year Old; $64.99
- Game of Thrones The Night's Watch – Oban Bay Reserve; $59.99
- Game of Thrones House Greyjoy – Talisker Select Reserve; $44.99
- Game of Thrones House Baratheon – Royal Lochnagar 12 Year Old; $64.99
- Game of Thrones House Tyrell – Clynelish Reserve; $59.99
The scotches will be available starting at 9 a.m. Dec. 18 at the following stores across Ohio:
- Jungle Jim's Fruit Market, 5440 Dixie Highway, Fairfield
- Arrow Wine & Spirits, 2950 Far Hills Ave., Kettering
- Pauken Wine & Liquor, 221 Golden Gate Shopping Center, Maumee
- Giant Eagle, 3061 Kingsdale Center, Upper Arlington
- Chateau Wine & Spirits, 2131 Polaris Parkway, Columbus
- Arena Wine & Spirits, 492 Armstrong Street, Columbus
- Minotti's Avon Wine And Liquor, 35638 Detroit Road Unit 101, Avon
- Silver Spirits Liquor Agency, 1482 North Portage Path, Akron
- Cap and Corks, 25141 Lorain Rd., North Olmstead
- World Wines And Liquor, 8760 Mentor Avenue, Mentor
- Royal Park Beverage, 12770 Royalton Road, North Royalton
- Giant Eagle, 34310 Aurora Road, Solon