1 cat rescued, 3 other cats perish in Dayton house fire

One cat was rescued and three other cats perished in a Dayton house fire Monday afternoon in the 500 block of Notre Dame Avenue.

The resident was able to get out of the small apartment and was not injured. Dayton fire crews tell News Center 7 the fire started on the stove. The fire official in charge of the run estimated the damage to the apartment and its contents at $1,000.

Crews were dispatched about 5:50 p.m. on the report of a working structure fire.

Stay with whio.com for breaking news.

If you have a news tip, call the News Center 7 24-hour line at 937-259-2237 or send it to newsdesk@cmgohio.com

About the Author