• Big Brothers Big Sisters ($2,500) to help deliver care packages to families in need.
• Emmanuel St. Vincent de Paul Conference ($17,500) to provide support to families in need residing in the 45402 zip code.
• First Baptist Church of New Lebanon ($12,150) to provide food and clothing to New Lebanon residents in need.
• Her Story Inc. ($5,500) to assist in providing food and shelter for homeless women in need.
• Hope House Rescue Mission ($5,000) to purchase cleaning supplies for its emergency shelters.
• Kids in New Directions ($5,000) to assist students in need.
>> Coronavirus: 23,016 total cases, 1,306 deaths reported in Ohio
• Leaders for Equality & Action in Dayton (LEAD) ($7,500) to purchase food and health goods for immigrant families in need.
• Macedonia Missionary Baptist Church ($5,000) to help provide food and toiletries to West Dayton families in need.
• Ohio Restaurant Association Education Foundation ($30,000) to provide assistance for out-of-work or displaced restaurant employees.
• Preble County Council on Aging ($39,600) to provide meals to Preble County senior citizens.
• Ronald McDonald House Charities Dayton ($25,000) to provide families with hotel rooms and care packages.
• St. Margaret’s Episcopal Church ($16,000) to aid in providing basic human needs for families in Trotwood.
• Target Dayton Ministries ($25,000) to assist with emergency food delivery to individuals in need.
• Xenia Adult Recreation and Services ($17,749) to help provide medical appointment transportation for senior citizens.
>> Coronavirus: Montgomery County plans more cuts, future layoffs possible
“Since the coronavirus outbreak, many families that were relying on food assistance from schools and other sources are left without essentials to thrive,” said Jamison Hunter, senior pastor of Macedonia Missionary Baptist Church. “Thanks to this grant, we’ll be able to provide a month’s supply of food, toiletries and baby items to at least 500 families in our surrounding community, but our prayer is to provide for more.”
To apply for a grant, visit www.daytonfoundation.org or www.dayton-unitedway.org.
To donate to the relief fund, go to www.daytonfoundation.org. The Dayton Foundation is waiving all credit card processing and administration fees so that all donations go toward the nonprofits.