Overheated machinery blamed for fire at Oregon District Provisions retail market

Dayton Fire District Chief Mike Fasnacht said the fire was accidental in nature. 

Most of the damage was contained to the rear of the Dietz Block building, where Glasz Bleu Oven restaurant and a storage facility are located, while smoke caused damage to the front of the building, where craft beer and cured meats are served at Crafted & Cured.

SEE ALSO: New craft beer/cured meats bar in Dayton

Fasnacht estimated the structural damage at $10,000, and "probably a little more" than that in lost building contents. 

There were no injuries. 

SEE ALSO: Glasz Bleu Oven opens in Dayton

He said health department officials will have to meet with the owners of the businesses before the locations can reopen.

INITIAL REPORT

Crews are on scene of a fire reported at Glasz Bleu Oven, 521 Wayne Ave., Dayton, where smoke reportedly was showing from the attic. 

The location is home to a Mediterranean restaurant in the Oregon District Provisions retail market. It opened to the public Nov. 3, 2017.

SEE ALSO: 2 left homeless when truck slams into their home

Dayton fire crews were dispatched about 9:10 p.m. There are no reports of injury. An investigator has been requested.

We will update this developing report.

Got a tip? Call our monitored 24-hour line, 937-259-2237, or send it to newsdesk@cmgohio.com

X