“We were inspired by Ruben Martinez, who was doing the El Paso Challenge for the 22 people killed,” Moore said. “We were wanting to do a Dayton Challenge for the nine people who were killed in the Oregon District.”
- Day 1: Pay forward to one person in line in the drive thru.
- Day 2: Give two people a hug.
- Day 3: Write and send three anonymous praise letters
- Day 4: Open the door for four people
- Day 5: Give five high fives
- Day 6: Introduce yourself to six new people
- Day 7: Give seven items to a local food bank
- Day 8: Give out eight genuine compliments
- Day 9: Tell nine people how much you love them
Since the shooting Sunday morning the boys said they’ve discussed the news with their mothers.
They hope others are inspired to join the #DaytonChallenge too, lifting spirits of fellow Daytonians one day at a time.
“It’s gonna get better,” Butler said.