CINCINNATI — A popular amusement park plans to get rid of all of its rides.
Coney Island has announced it will remove all amusement park rides at the end of September.
According to a press release, the park intends to instead focus on the Sunlite Pool and other water-related recreational amenities.
"All of our consumer research, all of our consumer feedback, and all of our in-park data shows that the vast majority of our guests come to Coney Island because of the fun they have while in the Sunlite Pool area," said Rob Schutter, Jr., president and CEO of Coney Island, in a press release.
The press release said over the past few years, Coney Island has split its focus and resources between the rides and the Sunlite Water Adventure area, but have decided to switch gears to focus exclusively on the waterpark area moving forward.
The park said it also plans to create additional spaces for popular events like the Appalachian Festival and Summerfair Cincinnati, to provide event spaces for other community festivals and events in the future.
Earlier this year, Coney Island also announced its annual Fall-O-Ween event would not return in 2019.
The final day guests will be able to enjoy the rides at Coney Island is Sept. 21.