MORE: How grocery stores are changing to meet need, protect workers and customers
The Kroger Co. Family of Stores includes:
• City Market
• Food 4 Less
• Foods Co
• Fred Meyer
• Harris Teeter
• Jay C Food Store
• King Soopers
• Owens Market
• Pay-Less Super Markets
• Smith’s Food and Drug
MORE: Stories of equipment donations inspiring Butler County businesses, organizations
In addition to the bonuses, Kroger said it is taking several additional actions:
• Ensuring associates who are affected by COVID-19 — whether experiencing symptoms and self-isolating, diagnosed or placed in quarantine – can recover with the support of emergency paid leave.
• Starting next week, the Kroger Family of Companies is adding ExpressPay, a new benefit that allows most hourly associates to access some of their pay faster, putting money in their pockets sooner than usual.
• Making $5 million available for those facing hardship, including lack of access to childcare and for those considered higher-risk, due to COVID-19 through the Kroger Family of Companies Helping Hands fund.
• Offering an associate hotline to answer benefit questions quickly.
• Providing access to mental health services and other benefits to support associates’ mental and physical well-being during this stressful time.
• Supporting associates by onboarding more than 30,600 new hires in the last two weeks, including workers from the hardest-hit sectors like restaurants, hotels and food service distributors.
MORE: 116 Hamilton workers affected by shutdown not due to coronavirus