Olympic gymnast Shannon Miller will be the featured speaker at the 19th annual Ribbon of Hope Luncheon next month.
Miller has won seven Olympic medals and nine World Championship medals.
In 2011, Miller was diagnosed with a rare form of ovarian cancer. She is now cancer free and advocates for early detection, awareness, research and survivorship.
Her memoir, “It’s Not About Perfect: Competing for My Country and Fighting for My Life,” was written to encourage others to overcome personal challenges.
The luncheon will be held Tuesday, Oct. 8, at Sinclair Community College’s Ponitz Center, 444 W. Third St., Building 12 in Dayton.
The event will also feature boutiques and health and wellness vendors. Doors open at 10 a.m. and luncheon registration begins at 11 a.m. Parking is free for luncheon guests. Registration is limited. For more information or to register, visit kmcfoundation.org.
Proceeds from this event support Kettering Medical Center Foundation's Women's Wellness Fund, which provides breast imaging services and other women's cancer care to uninsured or underserved women in the Dayton-area at no cost to them.
The fund has helped more than 15,000 women and more than $2.2 million has been raised since 1995 through the Walk for Women's Wellness and The Ribbon of Hope Luncheon.
For more information on the Women’s Wellness Fund or the Ribbon of Hope Luncheon, contact the Kettering Medical Center Foundation at 937-395-8607.
Past speakers at the luncheon include:
• Lori Allen from TLC's "Say Yes to the Dress: Atlanta"
• Dr. Jerri Nielson, physician who treated herself while on duty at the South Pole
• Susan Ford, former first daughter
• Astronaut Mae Jemison
• Dr. Lillie Shockney
• Stephanie Speilman, wife of OSU football star Chris Speilman
• Dr. Vladimir Lange
• Hoda Kotb, Today Show host
• Cokie Roberts, ABC news commentator
• Cate Edwards, President of the Elizabeth Edwards Foundation
• Christine Clifford, breast cancer survivor and author
• Geralyn Lucas, author, journalist, and breast cancer survivor
• Samantha Harris, television hostess, actress, and breast cancer survivor
• Bill Rancic, husband of breast cancer survivor, Giuliana Rancic
• Kelly Corrigan, New York Times best-selling author and breast cancer survivor
WANT TO GO?
What: Ribbon of Hope Luncheon with Shannon Miller
When: Tuesday, Oct. 8, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Where: Sinclair Community College — Ponitz Center Building 12, 444 W. Third St., Dayton
Tickets: Ticket options begin at $75, including lunch.
More info or to register: Website