The luncheon will be held Tuesday, Oct. 8, at Sinclair Community College’s Ponitz Center, 444 W. Third St., Building 12 in Dayton.
The event will also feature boutiques and health and wellness vendors. Doors open at 10 a.m. and luncheon registration begins at 11 a.m. Parking is free for luncheon guests. Registration is limited. For more information or to register, visit kmcfoundation.org.
On Tuesday night, July 23, 1996, in front of 32,048 fans in the Georgia Dome,during the 1996 Summer Olympic Games in Atlanta, the U.S. Olympic women’s gymnastic team won their first gold medal in the team competition. The women are from left: Amanda Borden, Dominique Dawes, Amy Chow, Jaycie Phelps, Dominique Moceanu, Kerri Strugg and Shannon Miller. (Barton Siverman/New York Times Photo)
Credit: BARTON SIVLERMAN
Credit: BARTON SIVLERMAN
Proceeds from this event support Kettering Medical Center Foundation's Women's Wellness Fund, which provides breast imaging services and other women's cancer care to uninsured or underserved women in the Dayton-area at no cost to them.
The fund has helped more than 15,000 women and more than $2.2 million has been raised since 1995 through the Walk for Women's Wellness and The Ribbon of Hope Luncheon.
For more information on the Women’s Wellness Fund or the Ribbon of Hope Luncheon, contact the Kettering Medical Center Foundation at 937-395-8607.
Past speakers at the luncheon include:
• Lori Allen from TLC's "Say Yes to the Dress: Atlanta"
• Dr. Jerri Nielson, physician who treated herself while on duty at the South Pole
• Susan Ford, former first daughter
• Astronaut Mae Jemison
• Dr. Lillie Shockney
• Stephanie Speilman, wife of OSU football star Chris Speilman
• Dr. Vladimir Lange
• Hoda Kotb, Today Show host
• Cokie Roberts, ABC news commentator
• Cate Edwards, President of the Elizabeth Edwards Foundation
• Christine Clifford, breast cancer survivor and author
• Geralyn Lucas, author, journalist, and breast cancer survivor
• Samantha Harris, television hostess, actress, and breast cancer survivor
• Bill Rancic, husband of breast cancer survivor, Giuliana Rancic
• Kelly Corrigan, New York Times best-selling author and breast cancer survivor
WANT TO GO?
What: Ribbon of Hope Luncheon with Shannon Miller
When: Tuesday, Oct. 8, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Where: Sinclair Community College — Ponitz Center Building 12, 444 W. Third St., Dayton
Tickets: Ticket options begin at $75, including lunch.
More info or to register: Website