She told Moriarty, “Our lives have been completely turned upside down.
“We’re followed, stalked, harassed,” Kim added. “Facebook, to me, turned into Hatebook.”
Richardson’s father Scott told Moriarty, “There’s no way she would ever hurt anyone.”
MORE ON THE VERDICTS
• Jury finds Richardson not guilty on murder charge
• 'This was well over-charged from the get-go': Sides react to verdicts
Her mother echoed that thought.
“There’s no way. I would stake my life on it,” Kim said.
Kim told Moriarty about the shock of learning her daughter had been pregnant and secretly given birth.
“I couldn’t feel my body. I could not get up,” Kim said. “How could that happen? I’ve seen her every day. I look at her. I talk to her. I hug her.”
Scott Richardson said he regrets letting his daughter talk to police without an attorney.
“That was the biggest mistake I’ve made in my entire life,” he said.
Richardson’s parents opened up about their daughter, the lasting affect of the incredible attention the case generated, and they addressed her eating disorder and the effect that may have had on how she hid the pregnancy, CBS News said in a release about the upcoming episode.
• Day 1 | Day 2 | Day 3 | Day 4 | Day 5 | Day 6 | Day 7
• WATCH all videos from Brooke Skylar Richardson trial
• Timeline: Events in the Carlisle buried baby case
• Quotes: Key things said during the Richardson trial
• The 28 people who testified over 6 days