Whether you are merely entertaining the idea of buying your first home, or you already have been searching through the online listings, here are five things you should keep in mind…
- Think about the qualities you want in a home. You will be living there, not your friends and relatives -- don't let yourself be swayed by someone else's lifestyle.
- Be patient but ready. It’s OK to wait for the right home to come along, but when it does, make sure you’re ready to pounce. The Dayton housing market is HOT!
- Remember that you are buying the house the way it is now. Yes, you may plan on renovating, but plans can change and renovations are expensive. Unless you’re buying a home to flip, it makes sense to buy something you can live in right away.
- Be realistic. Align your expectations of what you want with what your price range truly can afford.
- Work with an experienced agent who knows the area well. Local knowledge makes a difference in a hot market where homes move fast. Having an agent who is on top of his or her game just may be your key to home-ownership.
If you’re looking to purchase your first home, our friends at Coldwell Banker Heritage Realtors are there to help. Click here to visit their website, or you can call (937) 429-4500.