>> HOT TOPIC: Downtown bar owner vows to reopen ‘with or without permission’
Here is a list of Dayton-area restaurants that let us know about their reopenings this week:
• Which Wich restaurant in the Cornerstone of Centerville development, which is now serving carryout effective today, May 1. Hours are 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily, according to Vivek Patel, the store's franchise owner. The deli-style restaurant is located at 5409 Cornerstone North Blvd.
• The Deli at Webster Street & Top of the Market: The deli that had closed its doors after serving lunch on March 18 announced it will reopen for carryout and delivery beginning Monday, May 4. The Deli, known for its stuffed sandwiches, soups and baked goods, is located at 32 Webster St. just east of downtown Dayton.
>> ALSO NEW TODAY: Ohio's stay-at-home order extended to May 29, with exceptions
• CJ Chan opened its Moraine location at 2747 W. Alex Bell Road today, Friday, May 1. The CJ Chan on Wilmington Avenue in Dayton remains closed for now. CJ Chan Moraine is open for lunch and dinner seven days a week, offering carryout, online ordering through its web site, and delivery on several meal-delivery platforms, including DoorDash. The restaurant expects to serve virtually all of the dishes on its regular menu, CJ Chan's owners said. The restaurant serves a varied menu that includes sushi rolls and Asian stir-fry dishes.
• China Cottage: All four locations opened for take-out service today, Friday, May 1. China Cottage operates locations in Kettering, Centerville/Washington Twp., Trotwood and Springboro. Customers should call their nearest China Cottage location directly to place take-out orders.
• Corner Kitchen: The restaurant at the corner of Wayne Avenue and East Fifth Street announced on its Facebook page that it will start offering carryout on Mother's Day, May 10. A Mother's Day menu and pre-order link will go be available on the restaurant's web site, Corner Kitchen's owners said.
>>Here's what DeWine's plan to reopen Ohio says, what businesses must do
• CBCB Grill: The restaurant at 2495 Commons Blvd. in Beavercreek opened today, Friday, May 1 to offer carryout and contact-free curbside pickup, according to owner Michelle Brad, who purchased the restaurant in the fall of 2019. Hours are 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday, closed Sunday and Monday. CBCB is serving its regular menu plus some family-style meals that serve four for $24.99. Carryout drinks and growlers of domestic beer and craft beers also are available, Brad said. Orders can be placed at www.cbcbbarandgrill.com or by calling 937-426-3287.
• BIBIBOP Asian Grill: Bibibop announced last week it will reopen 25 locations in Ohio, including those in southwest Ohio, on Monday, May 4. The Columbus-based chain operates a restaurant on Brown Street near the University of Dayton, and is planning one in the Cornerstone of Centerville.
• Bill's Donut Shop: Owners of the Centerville doughnut shop, closed since March 16, announced on social media Tuesday that it will reopen at 3 p.m. Sunday, May 3, for carryout orders. All customers will be required to wear a face mask, and social distancing will be in place, the shop's owners announced. Bill's is located at 268 N. Main St.
>>Complete Coronavirus Coverage
• Mike's Nashville Hot Chicken: The restaurant at 10655 Innovation Drive in Austin Landing in Miami Twp. opened today, Friday, May 1 for carryout and delivery. Hours are 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily. Orders can be placed online at mikesnashvillehot.com or by phone at 937-247-0196.
• Tokyo Sushi & Grill at 4431 Feedwire Road across the street from Costco Wholesale in Centerville reopened Tuesday, April 28. Hours are Tuesday through Saturday from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., and Sunday from noon to 9 p.m., closed Mondays. Curbside pickup is available, the restaurant's owners said. Customers can place orders by phone at (937) 610-1999.
• Kung Fu Noodle at 2801 S. Dixie Drive in Kettering, which had shut its doors on March 20, reopened today, Friday, May 1 for carrryout. Kung Fu Noodle is open for lunch and dinner Wednesday through Monday, closed Tuesdays. For more information, call (937) 938-9027.