Seeing a child with a glowing liquid coating their mouth can be extremely concerning, but the center says a mouthful of the liquid is “minimally toxic” and should only cause minor mouth, throat or skin irritation.
Any liquid on the skin should be washed off with soap and water. If swallowed, parents should gently wipe skin around the mouth and give the child something to drink.
If splashed into the eyes, the glow liquid needs to be thoroughly irrigated.
Call a local poison control center immediately for treatment recommendations following any exposure to glow products.
Additionally, observe children closely to help prevent glow product mishaps that could cause a fun day to end painfully.