16-month-old chews parents’ heroin baggies, close to death but revived with Narcan

Credit: DaytonDailyNews

Combined ShapeCaption
Toddler Chews Parents’ Heroin Baggies, Revived with Narcan

Credit: DaytonDailyNews

A 16-month-old Pennsylvania boy is hospitalized after ingesting residue from his parents' drug baggies, according to news reports.

>> Read more trending news

The boy, whose mother had passed out, was found by his father and rushed to a local Upper Darby hospital where he was revived, according to WPVI-TV.

Upper Darby Police Superintendent Michael Chitwood said the toddler ingested heroin and possibly fentanyl and was saved by Narcan, the news station reported.

The father admitted he used five bags of fentanyl the night before, police said.

"We do a search warrant of the location and we find a total of 12 empty packages and bags," Chitwood said.

Explore>> Related: Lawyer with bed bugs falling from clothing forces courthouse to close

The mother is facing a number of charges, including endangering the welfare of a child and reckless endangerment, WPVI reported.

The investigation is continuing.

About the Author