"To know that we finally got an indictment after two decades, after him getting away with the allegations, it was a joyous moment for me," she told WSB-TV "Just knowing the things that he was doing to those young girls was really sickening."
McGee was featured in the recent docuseries "Surviving R. Kelly," which aired in January. Kelly has denied all allegations made against him. McGee believes the TV show led to Kelly's charges, who was indicted Friday on 10 charges of aggravated sexual assault in Chicago.
She met the now 52-year-old entertainer when she was in her 30s, she told the news station. McGee said Kelly took her and two other women to his Johns Creek mansion in 2016. She accused him of making odd demands, controlling them and sexually humiliating them.
"He told me when I go get clothes, to bring all of my stuff to his house including my computer because I'm going to be living here with daddy," she previously told WSB-TV. "He told me (to move in with him). That was not up for discussion."
Following the documentary's premiere, TMZ reported the Fulton County District Attorney's Office was investigating the allegations made against Kelly that involve his mansion in Johns Creek. DA spokesman Chris Hopper told AJC.com on Friday the office still has no comment.
However, a no-bail arrest warrant was issued Friday afternoon by Cook County State's Attorney Kim Foxx in Chicago. She unveiled a grand jury indictment against Kelly that involves four victims, three of them minors at the time of the alleged crimes.
The singer, known for hit singles such as "I Believe I Can Fly" and "Ignition," turned himself in to Chicago police around 9 p.m. Friday, according to the Chicago Tribune. A bond hearing is scheduled for Saturday afternoon in Chicago.
“There’s no way he will get away this time,” McGee said.